Jamuary 2020 - any plans?

Can’t wait to sample nanoloop stuff :slight_smile:

Another interesting side effect of this Jamuary stuff is that we get to learn new ways of making music. Keep sharing everyone!

2 Likes

I had so much fun making this one.

I made a granular thing, laid down my initial track, and imagined it as a continuation of my last entry. Jamuary is very motivating.
Thanks for listening

4 Likes

I love the synth you used here! Tasty, it sound like something I would readily use.

@korpinen
Definitely spooky! There’s loads of slow looming tension but it remains active with the lead you recorded. the rhythms at the end were a really clever way to close it too. I like it!

1 Like

06 continuing yesterday’s setup.

Routing: modular-> mixer -> insert fx into empress reverb -> machinedrum input machine -> timeline -> mixer.

Machinedrum is clocking the modular running a Rene sequence on two drones. The pitch and amplitude of one is further controlled by pressure points. I’m going to bed.

1 Like

Impossible to do one yesterday… that’s life eh!?

I managed to sit down today and start from the ground up. I wanted to try and utilise the new midi sequencing possibilities from the latest OS because recently I have only been using the RYTM as the only output source when I make music. Last night I midi’d up the OB6 & Sub 37 after buying a support for my DD5’s shelf from a hardware store. I listened to a lot of UK Garage on the way there and back. I guess that influenced the sound of this jam; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uv36J1qLITk

3 Likes

Wavefolding exploration on the Digitone here:

3 Likes

Your video is listed as private for me

Sorry, mea culpa. Upload took longer than expected. Should be online in a few minutes.

3 Likes

Day 7

Nothing crazy just some doodles/ideas with my OP-1 sampled into a blackbox for later use.

2 Likes

Nice and weird :slight_smile:

1 Like

I happen to agree with you. There’s a good deal of logistical planning involve if this is your first time participating in January. These m*th@f#kers (jk) on this forum are really good and make it look too easy. It motivates me to go jam out watching these Jam videos.

1 Like

I’ve been having some fun with this. Low pressure jam time helps to remind me why I love to make music in the first place. Look here

2 Likes

Custom DFAM knobs :tada:

1 Like

Geez, this is good. You nailed this. I’m measuring my desk for the Blackbox. The different leads used were very clever. Everything was in good balance with the beat. Even the beat was in good balance. Well done.

1 Like

Glad you enjoyed it! The BB has such good audio quality it’s really fun to mix samples with. If I had to choose 3 things forever, it would be the OT/BB/Microphone or a DFAM…depends on how many samples I have haha

Other than the beat (recorded pads, 3 different one shots) only 3 synths were used for this.

The drone, the piano-like bass notes, and a few variations of an FM synth sample that sound like voices

2 Likes

Holy yikes!!!

That is super duper!

Could listen to that type of stuff all day long.

1 Like

Yesterday’s patch with a few changes, added a third voice

love this one

@selfup I liked the jam! My harmonic content doesn’t get so lengthy, so it’s inspiring to hear good melodies!
You mention the DFAM a lot. You definitely have me looking into one…

@graverubber I’m not sure which specific piece you’re referring to, but I listened to a couple love the timbres you choose for your instruments

@MatthewAllen This is cool, and it definitely doesn’t help with my budding modular interest

Today’s work. I have a vocal and guitar track recorded from a friend that I just love using. This was digitakt, recorded into overbridge where I added a little eq, doubled the vocal and guitar tracks for fuuun, and did some ozone because I love playing around with it.

I also spent a long time setting up a template for the DAW, which is very rewarding work.

This one is about that certain type of friend.
Maybe you’ve known other folks longer, probably you know some people better, but you only get one Marshall ~~~~~

3 Likes