Koala Sampler App

Apparently an update with an Easter egg hidden feature!

Go find it!

1 Like

Indeed, just saw that, what could it be…?

he - you’re going to like this!

Posted this in the “current sounds” but figured that it fits here too as I made entirely with Koala:

11 Likes

Wow, this Easter Egg is LUDICROUS. I just tried it on 20 seconds from a live recording of a gig from a rather well known new band and the results were outstanding.

No spoilers, go find it yourself!

4 Likes

Or you could be kind enough to share how you found it?

I tried and came out empty handed

Love it

1 Like

Come on chaps, give us a hint on the easter egg. I’ve found this but for the life of me can’t figure it out.

I’m on android if that make a difference.

Hold OK…

3 Likes

Dig ABOUT the app a bit, surely theres a clue hidden somewhere :wink:

1 Like

Nice! Ta very much.

1 Like

Haha thanks! Just hold down OK

1 Like

Thanks mate!

Ha - that was strum but it’s gone now!

Anyone else on Android having problems after the update?

It’s basically not usable for me anymore. I get a bunch of loud noises for no reason. The bit crush effect takes out the left side of the audio for some reason. I reinstalled it and wound up losing all my little sketches. It kind of sucks.

I have an old Nokia phone though. So maybe I’m just not meant to have nice apps

Ah, man, that sucks. Drop Marek a line about it and let him know your device, Android version etc and I’m sure he’ll look into it for you.

1 Like

Argh. Feeling that

Inspiring post about using Koala with the Digitakt. I tried the other day and found that whenever I try sampling Digitakt audio into Koala, it’s about 20db too quiet. Do you know of a workaround for this? I can use AUM to help boost the level but prefer standalone for Koala where possible.

for sampling from digitakt into koala and playing back koala using digitakt as audio interface. set (in DT) usb to main at +12 and also set the volume of the sample slot in koala to 100% (it like on 60 or something by default). the volumes tend to match then…

but note the waveform will still be visually low in koala, much the same as if the digitakt was recording into a daw - it just leaves a lot of headroom on digital output. so if you are mixing those files with other maximised samples in the koala project it will seem quiet in comparison

so for that reason, normally I dont do as above and leave everything at defaults in the DT settings and normalize any digitakt sample in koala so it is at maximised volume in the wave viewer. (so that it more closely matches other internal samples that may be in the koala project).

havn’t done it raw in a while though, always use AUM now that koala works as in that. being able to throw fabfilter plugins into the digitakt process kicks ass.

3 Likes

Cheers, thanks for the response, that makes sense. Good to know there’s a +12 option in the Digi settings. Hosting Koala as an IAA effect in AUM with +20 gain just before it seems to work fairly well for me (to have full screen) but then I’m missing the AUv3 state saving, not the worst. I have most of the FabFilter iOS plugs on iOS as well, they are fantastic, as are the Eventides and some of the ToneBoosters offerings. Looking forward to diving deeper with the Koala Digi combo.

Curious to hear anything you’ve cooked up if you’ve got it online.