Koala Sampler App

The dev might have built in something more direct since, but there was this from a past update:

3 Likes

Oh this is great, I actually really enjoyed the rec trig condition workflow of the Octa.

1 Like

Been a while since I did midi with Koala but I think you can also delete a pad via midi - so it’s ready to record again

1 Like

There’s a grittiness about Koala that really speaks to me. This loop was done just sampling stuff around the house and resampling to destruction.
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CbdbU_6FdpN/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

(The forum kindly reminds me I posted this link already but I’m quite proud of it, so here it goes…)

3 Likes

Lately what I’m making is in the moments my kids are occupied and I can find a few seconds of silence to sample my la croix can.

1 Like

Cool, refreshing beats. Not too sweet, just right.

1 Like

A little late to the party but that split stem feature has been great with what I’ve tested. Took audio from YouTube using screen capture and chucked in some John Martyn (May You Never) and Bowie (Station to Station) along with other bits and bobs and quite a lot of useable output.

Like Drambo, this is another app I really need to put more time into.

4 Likes

I’m not sure what’s going on. But I started getting those same problems again. Samples sometimes play loud and distorted for no apparent reason.

Is there a way to revert back to an older version, before the mutes and stems and all that were added? This just isn’t working.

Edit: I should say that I’m on Android

do you guys have an Idea how I could setup koala with my mobile phone? I have an Iphone se 2022 without headphone output; I want to use it with my korg nano pad as a midi controller to trigger samples; I have an camera kit device where I can connect the midi controller (works fine) but then I have no output/sound source because the lightning to audio jack adapter does not work with the camera kit device; Do you have an Idea or solution how to get both? connect the midi controller and have an audio output? there’S no all in one solution from apple, I could only look for usb hubs/interfaces :confused: ? please help

you could use a hub with the CCK for connecting a soundcard / Interface (K-Mix, TX-6, Zoom H6 etc)

I had the same problem on Android with distorted sample playback. I closed all my Apps that were running including Koala. Then only had Koala open and sample playback worked fine.
Seems to be an Android issue where having particular Apps still open in the background makes Koala angry

2 Likes

Hahaha

You won’t like Koala when it’s angry. But nah, it’s been working again for me for a little while now.

1 Like

Koala is awesome to use as a midi track on the digitakt too. Track 9 on the digitakt is assigned to koala on my iPad and that track is how I chop samples! You can sequence the chops on track 9 and then resample it back into the digitakt so you can do further sound design. It’s such a good combo!

5 Likes

I wish I’d thought of this before I sold my Digitakt!

I got an MPC One with the intention of combining it with my iOS setup but Koala + AUM is just so much more convenient and powerful that I’ve barely touched the MPC

3 Likes

:sweat_smile::shushing_face:

1 Like

I love using the various midi generation apps (Euclidean and the like) to run the plugins on my Akai (in my case the Force).

cck?

Camera Connection Kit - the better options provide charging and USB

The Anker one I got for my USB-C iPad has a whole bunch of extra ports including HDMI out

Seemed like something I was unlikely to use but grabbed a cheap HDMI capture box and can now stream the iPad via OBS in my laptop along with all the possibilities that affords (not that I’ve actually done much of it… but I can, if I want to…)

thanks for the fast reply…

I just tried to use my focusrite scarlett usb interface with my ccc and iphone, does not work :frowning: I guess it can not be powered by just my smartphone

this is really upsetting, so compllicated to just use this stu*** iphone with the app since it has no headphone jack :frowning: