Koala Sampler App

You can’t drag-and-drop out of AudioShare to another app. With Sample Crate you can.

I love AudioShare, but I prefer to keep samples in iCloud, or other sync-able folder, so it’s the same on Mac and iPad.

1 Like

Would you be willing to share this great background image?

1 Like

@Mistercharlie Shit mate sorry forgot to reply to this hang on

That’s the one saved on my iPad, got the photoshop file without stickers too if you’d rather put your own on. Need to be at the computer to get that up though

5 Likes

Thanks for sharing. It’s a sweet looking app now!

Nah, this is perfect. Thanks!

1 Like

Just stopping by here to say that Koala Sampler is amazing!! Heard a cool tune on YouTube this morning, decided to sample it into Koala via Screen Recording, chopped it up in Koala, added a few drum-like sounds from my environment into the mix and jammed out with it all on the fly.

Koala is basically what I hope the SP404 mk2 will be :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Photoshop file would be just supernice!

2 Likes

will drop it, honestly just keep forgetting when I’m at PC. I’ll tag you

3 Likes

How does the split screen work on iPad? Is there a knob or setting for that?

And what’s the best way to get audio from iOS-synths in the Koala App while playing the synth?

Since videos I’ve watched will be able to explain much better than I can:

Youtuber LUGO has a few videos that’ll get you going with splitscreen -

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLhDPzpzG1JkTJnySbk39vzWtfdYH8l1Dd

As for using iOS synths with Koala - If you don’t already have AUM and/or AudioBus 3, I would recommend at least AUM (and, again watching lots of YouTube).

The AudioBus forums are a great resource for anything iOS music production.

2 Likes

Fired up koala this evening, it’s been a while…such a good self contained workflow :smiley::raised_hands:t2:… did this little recording

3 Likes

files too big for direct upload

3 Likes

Morning, :koala:s

In a bid to maximise what I have and fend off gear urges, I’m trying to work out a controller solution using the things I already. Ideally I want it to be wireless, so that gives me:

Akai LPD8
Korg NanoKontrol Studio
Roli Lightpad Block M

What controllers are people using and how are you mapping them? (I mean what controls are you mapping to what functions, not what process are you using)

I also have a wealth of wired controllers and am toying with the idea of maybe getting some kind of small enclosure to enable me to mount a powered hub, a lightning to USB connector & a couple of small controllers (one for pads, one for faders/dials) along with a large USB battery (all of which I have).

I was thinking a Nanokontrol 2 would be perfect to map to the effects section.

Yeah, mapping the effects to faders or dials works brilliantly

Not sure if anyone’s aware of this thing but god it’s a revaluation.

Koala Sampler (Google Play Link)

It turns your phone into a kind of SP404 / Model:Samples hybrid. It’s £7 for the app and the upgrade to full functionality, the cheapest and best music investment I’ve ever made.

It’s got full usb midi connectivity so you can clock it to your Elektron boxes. Just check it out, heres a review/overview:

It’s a game changer to have this on my phone and just to be clear; I have no affiliation with the app, this isn’t advertising, it’s just me being mind blown.

You might like this channel and community:

3 Likes

Search first before starting a new topic :

2 Likes

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)