Least favorite vegetables?

Potatoes

Nope. It looks every bit as bad as I imagined though.

1 Like

I think I like them all. At least those I know of

1 Like

Radish has the same effect on me as this forum. GAS.

2 Likes

expensive.
i like spending my money on synths, not food.

2 Likes

I’ll show you bad, if you wanna bar room brawl get this nasty boy on your side

2 Likes

This is our equivalent.

Stinky, orange fingers.

2 Likes

“really cheesy” is truth in advertising, just not in the way they intended

marrow.

1 Like

fennel would be my least favorite …

spinach leaves. It has to be made small for me to be bearable, otherwise it gets stuck in my throat and I have to start gagging hard. It’s definitely due to some childhood trauma.

Mangel! disgusting shit plant!

Garnish, all of them.

Least favourite - that spiky salad leaf shit whatever the fuck its called.

1 Like

Yeah. This is a good shout. Don’t find it disgusting or anything, just always disappointing. Even homegrown and super fresh. Just watery and bland.
As opposed to courgettes, which I love especially when freshly picked.

1 Like

With garlic and parsil, any vegetable that is heated with vapor then toasted with butter is my délice. :yum:

My biggest achievement: when I come back from the market with Brussels sprouts and my kids joyfully yell with anticipation.
I found a way to cook all the winter vegetables my family is not fond of with a tasty potée (hotpot), where cabbage, celeriac, turnip, black radish, Jerusalem artichoke/sunchoke are melted with potatoes, leek, carrots, some white wine, a delicious smoked Morteau sausage, local sausages, a roasted knuckle of ham and some diced lard… So good when it’s cold outside, and leftovers make a delicious soup.

The vegetables I hate are those that are really not fresh, or picked too old.
Or worst, that come in industrial package and some metal taste. Eeeek.
Or tastelessly boiled without any condiment.

4 Likes

Yep. For something so voluminous theres just nothing there. Watery flavourless fiber. Bloody love a courgette tho

The only other person I know to have discovered this feature is @aarb420 - you folks just have too much love to give!! There needs to be a forum achievement for it.

I’m going to buck the trend and say that I LOVE bell pepers. Red/Orange anyway, sweet, crunchy, and bake real nice. It’s paprika! The green ones are bitter and arguably just not ripe, they should be banned.

Least favourite: Has to go to courgette or aubergine - and they’re both used a lot in vegetable dishes which bums me out.

Sweetcorn is the bomb!

I’m gonna throw avocados in as a fav too because vegetable is just a culinary classification, not biological, and today I decide that it is veg.

4 Likes
  1. Broad beans: can go to hell
  2. Eggplant: needs some kind of wizardry to pull that off
  3. Green beans: let’s say I’m not a fan

But I love everything else, pretty much. Veggies are the best.

I think I’ve found the cow that cheese comes from. But it could just be fake moos…

1 Like

Tomatoes are massively overrated. Undercooked aubergine can f**k off too.