Miserable git moans about gear design

10 Likes

Had to be done, given the recent direction the thread took, you can thank me later.

12 Likes

a full load for the wheelie bin!
i learned today.

4 Likes

I see Strega as an artwork, not as a tool. Therefore I think the design fits perfectly, as the logic originates from imperfections that you can see in nature etc. A tree in nature is not in visual “order”, but everything just works.
I would guess you can build your own Strega if you want in eurorack, with tidy modules.

I like that the interface is not visually too clean and monotone, as it happens that I rotate the wrong knob if they all look the same.

1 Like

It’s a music instrument…

I once became a wall in tube station, while sitting on a bed in a hotel room in Amsterdam. Couldn’t move, couldn’t speak. Just being a wall. Quite the nonsense experience, and when I came to myself I had panic sweated through all my clothes. First and last time.

2 Likes

:joy: nonsense really is the word for it.

2 Likes

MN documentation is for the most part clear with just a hint of pretension…MN support is one of the best supports I’ve ever dealt with…YT content is imo the best, most interesting and most knowledged synth content there is…

Biased, MNstan has left the chat

1 Like

You just reminded me a an almost identical experience on that dreadful stuff, albeit in Streatham.
I need a shower!

1 Like

Is it fitting then that I think all 4 things are just different ways to the same thing and I like them all equally?

I name the brown thing at the bottom right “Patricia”.

3 Likes

Hey - it’s elektronauts - who isn’t? :sweat_smile: But I don’t know if you’re also of the funny flavour with at least some ADHD sparkles - so I guess I just be quiet now. Won’t make any jokes that might (… enter any useful phrase here). Also I don’t remember how to type brackets on that easy to use keyboard. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: Speaking of UI. Well - let’s rather speak of UlI instead - anybody know when the RD-9 is about to land?

1 Like

That’s really funny. Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

I sent this to a friend and his girlfriend’s (also a friend) immediate reactionary response was “trash” :joy:

2 Likes

What I want to know is what is the difference between trash and garbage? Like is a trash can different than a garbage can? What happens if you put trash in the garbage can or garbage in the trash can, are they even different? :smile:

Up next: how much wood would a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck would chuck wood?

2 Likes

How many times can you say “Toy Boat” really fast before you mess up?

2 Likes

Consult the oracle:

Also, I don’t think he likes Make Noise panel designs.

6 Likes

Damn you! :laughing:

RedLorryYellowLorryRedLorryYellowLorryRedLorryYellowLorryRedLorryYellowLorryRedLorryYellowLorryRedLorryYellowLorryRedLorryYellowLorryRedLorryYellowLorry

1 Like

In general overlays and alt panels are made for crazy wacko synth designs to be made clear and clean, not the other way around. There’s probably a reason for that.

I had the ORANGE AS HELL Edition Waldorf Microwave, with the voice expansion board. Incredible synth, after a week my eyes bled just walking past it.

1 Like

I now have to discount everything you say from this point forth. :stuck_out_tongue:

(XT/XTk is absolutely gorgeous!!)

2 Likes