Miserable git's general and non-specific (but very inclusive) whingeing thread - If you've got thoughts about stuff, I'm your guy

ChatGPT: Certainly! Here are a few Elektron gear jokes for you:

1. Why did the Elektron user become a fan of Swedish design? Because they needed something sleek to distract them from all the menu diving!

2. What’s the best way to describe an Elektron workflow? It’s like solving a Rubik’s Cube while making beats – a mind-bending challenge!

3. Why did the Elektron Digitakt go to therapy? It had a hard time coping with its limited sample storage capacity. It just couldn’t handle all the emotional baggage!

4. What do you call an Elektron Analog Four that’s always running out of steps in its sequencer? A “Four-ward Shuffle” – it’s got the rhythm, but it’s always one step behind!

5. Why did the Elektron user start collecting all the gear accessories? They wanted to drown out the sound of their own confusion with a chorus of cables and adapters!

Remember, these jokes are all in good fun and not meant to undermine the quality or capabilities of Elektron gear. Enjoy the humor and embrace the unique quirks of your favorite gear!

3 Likes

Those were pretty good, though I’m a little haunted that chatgpt could be a forum member.

IT COULD BE ANYONE OF US!

3 Likes

Everything is shit and I could do a much better job than all of them.

2 Likes

Always picture you drafting your latest grumble like this

2 Likes

I don’t wear a collar though.

Cos I ain’t got no master.

5 Likes

It’s good that we’ve finally a got a thread to contain the people that like to complain about complaining - this is serious meta stuff

1 Like

My whinge : spent time in the Superbooth lead-up researching what kinds of gear might arrive, what’s missing from my setup, and there’s nothing—nothing!—new or old I can rationalize adding to my setup that wouldn’t introduce showstopping complications (like adding a mixer or starting a euro case) relative to what it would enable me to do.

And the Heat plus Fx feels like an incremental improvement on what I do with the Syntakt’s fx, and at a price point my production skill level can’t justify currently.

I feel like I’ve learned a thing or two but it was a gas up and down cycle, and now it’ll be a long wait for other news!

2 Likes

imo not enough people complaining about the AHFX… someone should call them here

2 Likes

I arrived just in time, see!?

1 Like

lol! missed you by a second :smiley:

2 Likes

Oi,

We’ll have none of that discussing here.

1 Like

I’m just here for the government cheese.

2 Likes

Sometimes I can’t remember if the dishes in the dishwasher are clean or dirty. I just reach in there and grab a knife or a cup or whatever I need and hope for the best.

8 Likes

Me too, got a slide sign. Clean or dirty. Now I can’t remember if I changed the sign so back to poke and hope. Stupid dishwasher!

4 Likes

Got one of these a few days ago, it has already improve my life.

2 Likes

Yeah if you’re gonna do the slide sign approach, you need to hire an independent slide sign operator who can verify the status shown on the slide sign.

And then of course you need an oversight committee to keep the slide sign operator in check, and for that cost you might as well just buy new dishes for every meal.

3 Likes

Complaint:

In trying to sort out a reasonably useful but compact live setup, I’m breaking my brain. I simultaneously have too many options and not quite the most convenient ones for what I want. I’m also realizing that it’s probably going to result in needing to spend money on one or two more things, which is maddening.

1 Like

you should get slide signs for your children with a name and bathing status so you can tell them apart

1 Like

Complaint: “anus” is a word that is part of too many other words either phonetically or mimetically.