Miserable git's general and non-specific (but very inclusive) whingeing thread - If you've got thoughts about stuff, I'm your guy

AI makes music for us, so we can pursue other interests. Like accounting, backgammon, stamp collecting, and closet organizing.

2 Likes

Finally! The future is here.

2 Likes

Seriously though gang, is it to late for Elektron to get into the food processor game? I’m about to buy a processor but want to wait and see of Elektron will make one.

1 Like

As a wise man once said: “If you can’t fix it with gaffer tape, you’re not using enough.”

Outrage crew where you at?

1 Like

Yeah because synthfluencers can’t be real producers.

I fucking hate that guy on YouTube that noone is forcing me to watch.

15 Likes

Git-fluencer?

2 Likes

When Elektron released the Digis, many were like “where’s song mode?” “it’s a plot to force us to buy the Octatrack” and I have to say I was really sad because I really wanted to use song mode in my songs but Elektron thought otherwise.

So in order to solve this problem, I decided to create only one pattern songs. I realized that I was really inspired by this limitation and that trying to create songs with more than one pattern was an error. I was thriving in these endless one pattern bangers coming one after an other like I was the next big thing in this entire world. I was living the dream.

But Elektron decided to add song modes to the Digis after all these years and everything changed. Once a hero playing almost “jazz” standards on my bed on the Digis, I became a zero. I couldn’t write one pattern bangers anymore because I was feeling guilty not using the available song mode. And song mode was still not on par with the very feature rich song mode of the Octatrak. I was so frustrated.

Elektron put me in a weird headspace now where I can’t create anymore and this is devastating. Even my dog says I’m a wooser now. My wife doesn’t look at me the way she used to and laughs at my 2 patterns songs asking me if it’s a meme or what.

Elektron always succeeds in disappointing me. too little, too late or too much, too early or too much, too much or too late, too late.

Whatever.

The only feature I’ve been really looking for all these years is still not added: talent.

Why can’t Elektron adds this in a firmware update is beyond me. How hard could that be really? I’m sure they can assign a dev for a day or 2 and be done with it but no… they bring us song mode… Thank you but no thank you, Elektron.

19 Likes

Elektron is a shit name for a music gear company.

and where should we put this feature lacking gear? other companies have modular tables made from recycled materials for their battery powered gear, and what do we get? sOnG mODe? pff…

3 Likes

It just goes to show you. You could have just done it all in Ableton.

1 Like

2 Likes

Without slicing and warping, there’s just no way the Digitakt can be relevant in 2023, there, I said it.

2 Likes

Should we tell them?

Stupid DT gets an update but not the DN. My Wednesday is ruined!

3 Likes

My first thought when seeing the DT update was “Hm, I don’t see why they couldn’t implement this on the AR.”

Oh f_ck, I’ve become one of THEM.

9 Likes

And so the non-DT elektron-owner update whinge cycle begins anew…

7 Likes

DT gets machines while AR can’t get bw filter and second lfo, why would they do that…
AR totally useless now! :angry:

3 Likes

I.

Am.

OUTRAGED!!!

Especially that Elektron would release a new Digitakt OS without the feature that I DEMANDED!!!

4 Likes