Moog Sub 37

I just posted another video to show more of the variety of sounds capable from the Sub 37… this time without having to see my hairy arms in action! All synth sounds and beats from the Sub 37 only. Headphones highly recommended… comments on Youtube and “Likes” greatly appreciated! -

:slight_smile:

I’m about to email support, mine has frozen 5 times today, requiring me to power it on and back off.

Yeah, me too. It’s a known issue that they have fixed on the forthcoming 1.0.2 Firmware update. It’s caused by going to a preset that has a sequence while holding a note from a previous preset… or in my case, an almost 100% crash when going to the preset “Boom Bah”. But Moog is on it!

Ah, good to hear! I must have created a patch that was doing that because even after posting I had it lock up on me like 5 times switching between a couple patches I was working on. All had amp or arp latch on.

Other than that, loving this thing…as much of an elektron fan as I am (I own the dark trinity and love it) the sub37 has become my favorite synth right now.

modulation test I did when I got mine…raw and gritty :slight_smile:

probably better to listen direct on soundcloud though because it’s way long and since it is unedited and raw has some level issues…I commented throughout the file to warn people

I’m starting to think its the resonance that’s putting me off the Sub 37, this may not be the synth for me. I’ll have 14 days to decide tho’, might be a different story when I have it in my hands.

well filter has 6/12/18/24 …so wide variety of slopes there

filter wide open is really fat, just like the minitaur

I’m starting to think it will be a classic that I end up using all the time. :slight_smile:

If I had to complain about anything it would be that you have to get into the menu to access the huge amount of modulation options and the menu isn’t as quick to get through vs something like the A4…that and… being that’s it’s mostly knob-per-function, you can’t just easily look at how a patch is built

Yeah, I’m loving the sound of the Sub 37, love the looks of it, love all the knobbiness of it… in my humble opinion, it is the near-perfect modern analog Moog synth that needed to happen at this time, and it is destined to be a classic! And the new 1.0.2 Firmware update did fix my freeze/crash issue, so I’m extra happy!

Here is the third video I had made with the Moog Sub 37 exclusively (don’t think I’ve posted here before) this time with a little retro-space appropriate movie as the visual entertainment.

1 Like

lovely track!

I was hoping to do firmware update today but didn’t get any synth time.

A few people seem to be having freezing problems after the update over on the moog forums.

Nope, not after the 1.0.2 update. That fixed the freezing problem.

Some are having issues with performing the update itself, but this is most likely due to them trying to update directly from the zip file instead of unzipping the package first.

But the 1.0.2 update not only fixed my freezing issues, it also added the Poly mode feature and some cool alternate tunings as well!

Genshi - beautifully done.

Thats a great track, and love the clip.
I would like to hear it with some drums playing.

I updated today to latest firmware today. Everything seems to be working fine now. I was having some weird issues with trying to sync to midi clock and arp…all working great now. The update didn’t seem difficult, the instructions were pretty clear…you do the firmware, then flash the panel firmware and load the new panel firmware too. I did not load the alternate tunings file. Do you just load it up and it is something you can select in the menu?

Thanks guys! I really do appreciate the kind words on my track. :slight_smile:

Anyone with a Sub 37 in Europe?
I´m still waiting for Thomann.de to deliver and at the moment there´s no shipping date on the website, so I´m wondering if that´s the general case for European retailers.

ringokidf: Norway has’ em. My brother bought one and it’s in the # 600’ s. Gotta admit i love it already.

Norway rocks!

spain has them as well now. I will get mine tomorrow.