Moog Sub 37

First Norway and now Spain has them,…Hang on a minute Moog…whats up with getting some Subs send of to Berlin?

Anyway I hope you have fun with the new toys.

ordered from Thomann as well, they told me 31st October as delivery date. Maybe.

We still could order from Poland…

http://www.ebay.de/itm/MOOG-SUB-37-TRIBUTE-EDITION-Analog-Synthesizer-NEU-/131285885318?pt=DE_Musikinstr_Synthesizer_Soundmodule&hash=item1e913fa186

I was shortly considering my order to get a DSI Pro2, but i noticed with Blofeld, Analog Four, Monomachine, Streichfett, Perfourmer Mk2 and OP1 i pretty much can cover all of the Pro2s sonic ground. The Sub37 will add the analog Moog goodness.

@Pulsn, damn it that´s still a long wait and the polish guys got 18 in the basement.

What happen Mr Thomann!

Maybe they had so many preorders…

Has anyone had trouble syncing their elektron device (in my case MD) with the sub 37? … My MD is sending midi clock, and I have the ‘sync’ button pressed on the arp on the sub 37, but it’s not syncing up (in fact the arp doesn’t play notes when the sync button is pressed). A couple of users on the moog forum have reported the same issue.

This may be resolved in the 1.02 update, haven’t updated yet.

HI subq - sounds like you had a midi sync problem like me? Did the arp of your sub 37 sync to your elektron device before the version upgrade? That’s my problem atm, hope it resolves with the update.

I had intermittent problems with sync before the update. So far I haven’t seen that (since the sub37 firmware update).

I have OT as master clock…that goes to A4, AR, Sub37, Minitaur…Sub37 runs through A4 effects as well (I send/receive prog ch also, see below).

One thing I have seen since the update (I think it is by design)…if I hit stop on OT, I won’t get arp on sub37…I have to hit play on the OT (in your case it may not be the OT, could be A4 or whatever).

Thanks for that.

In my case I haven’t been able to sync to the MD at all (even though it is sending clock, checked with my bassstation2) … I’ve tinkered with the midi settings on the sub 37 but to no avail. Hopefully the update will fix the issue.

I ended up cancelling my UK order and buying one from a Polish supplier off ebay. It will be here by this time next week.

I then checked my emails when I was about to cancel the order to find that my UK supplier had sent me a message at almost the same time to tell me they would have it with me by next. Oh well, it was too late, I did save £50 though with the Polish supplier as they are accepting ‘best offers’ (they are still on ebay btw)

What my UK supplier (Gear4Music) did say was that mine would have been coming next week as it was from the very first batch to hit the U.K, and the ones that didn’t get into the 1st batch should be shipped in 3 weeks.

Wow that´s sweet.
Pulsn mentioned the Polish connection too and looks like it could be something to do. I´ll give Thomann a week to see if they are getting in on the first batch and then might look in the Polish direction.

I just fixed my problem (without updating the OS). For anyone that has the same issue, I did a INIT SETTINGS reset which reset the MIDI settings … now the arp syncs perfectly with my MD.
Wow, the sub 37 is an awesome synth … sounds so unreal!

I got a new delivery date…30.9.

excellent!

I specifically set all the midi channels on my synths so I don’t usually run into that.

feel free to post some soundcloud stuff :slight_smile:

The ones who are waiting. Its worth it .

just made a short jam session. nothing spectacular but teh sub 37 can really be aggressive. no need for a 303 imho

Only 17 now. I just bit the bullet and purchased one - couldn’t resist all those knobs.

Does anyone know if shipping is included if you buy from the Polish distributor? (within europe, to sweden to be specific)

No, shipping is extra.

I don´t think the shipping is incl but you can make a offer say 1320 € + shipping (around 40€) and you still save a little money or at least get around the 1399 € mark…

More sound demo: https://soundcloud.com/poly-groove/sets/sub-37-solo-improv

I can’t say the sound of the Sub 37 is appealing to me so far, I can see how it’s going to appeal to some people and maybe it’s going to require more patience but I got a feeling this just isn’t the one for me. I now regret forsaking the 28 day money back guranatee I would have had with the UK supplier.