Moog Sub 37

Have had my Sub 37 for 10 days now and I am in the USA. I absolutely love it! It ‘plays nice’ with my DSI Mono Evolver Keyboard that’s poly chained to a Poly Evolver Rack. Here’s a short demo with Sub 37, MEK, MS-20, and Minibrute that shows what it sounds like in a mix:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpYmFGQWQqA&list=UUBiKdnoGad5pKxfax2q_x5A

Love the Sub 37 and so very glad chose it over the Pro 2. Have not connected the A4 to it via CV yet as I really just wish to use the awesome quality keys. It’s a performance power horse!

This one is ALL Sub 37: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vq2RG5jpTT4&index=3&list=UUBiKdnoGad5pKxfax2q_x5A

Thanks for sharing my videos namnibor… I just hope people aren’t getting too sick of hearing/seeing my stuff.

I did just post another new video featuring the DSI MEK and the Sub 37… and it actually may be my last video for quite awhile as they’re a pain-in-the-butt to do, and it’s been taking away time from my music composition. So, time for me to get back to focusing on just the music!

Wow Genshi…fantastic! Gave me goosebumps!

Awesome!

New firmware: http://www.moogconnect.net/downloads/sub37/sub37_1_0_3.zip

Received my SUB37 yesterday (Holland). Great machine and everything I expected it to be compared to my Sub Phatty (sold) and much much more.

The extra front panel control makes this synth a lot more editable and the arp, sequencer and extra LFO combined with the huge list of modulation destionations is awesome and opens up a whole new range of sounds to be explored.

Well worth the wait!

Okay I was a little hasty in my earlier judgement, the sound is becoming more appealing as I delve in. Time will tell if I like it as much as soundwise the Slim Phatty which I had before.

Reverse programming the presets is a fun way to get to know this synth, with it all laid out on the panel it’s getting easier to understand what’s happening.

eh? I don’t find it easy at all to reverse engineer a sound…the preset can’t turn the knobs for you…I don’t look at the LCD much, bad enough I have use that to scroll through modulation destination

No I didn’t mean it like that, I’m not quite sure how to explain what I meant tho lol. I think I just meant with a bit of experimentation you do pick things up which I now realise is a very obvious statement.

Finally got a free day where I can get stuck in without distractions.

quick snippet of midi-sync with AR

https://www.youtube.com/edit?video_id=A-XfoHRQcG0&video_referrer=watch

nice

I’ve had my sub37 synced to OT since day 1, AR is also synced to OT…as is the A4 :slight_smile:

Anyone run a drum machine like the RYTM through the input and moog filter the loop yet? I want to hear those examples please.

I’ll try record a demo of the AR filtered with it tomorrow if I get the time, I’ve not got round to trying it out yet myself.

Thanks m8. I’m really on the fence about getting a sub 37 or analog keys. Examples really make a difference.

I sold my A4 to get a S37 … couldn’t be happier. Obviously very, very different synths, but the S37 sounds / feels / looks amazing.

What made you sell it ? Are there any pads or strings presets on the S37?

What made you sell it ? Are there any pads or strings presets on the S37?[/quote]
Also curious on this. After looking over the two a lot I feel the A4 is the superior synth. Well at least compared to the AK it has more feature parity.

is the sub37 THAT much of an upgrade on the sub phatty? I have a phatty and a minitaur that i am thinking about selling to fund the 37…

Funny…i had it the other way round…i sent my Sub37 back (dont ask…long story…) and discovered that with the new presets that came with one of the last OS updates, my Analog Four provides me with all the bass i need.
UI on the Sub 37 is much better and this fucking A4 display is so tiny, Elektron should deliver the synth together with a magnifier glass…hell…a MICROSCOPE in order to see that poor 90ties LC display! For the next synth…give us a nice big fat OLED…puh-lease!!!

For me the biggest factor in the S37 over the A4 was that i am unfortunately very ‘time-poor’ … only get about an hour to play music every day. The S37 is so immediate, sexy (i call her ‘scarlett’:), tweakable and fun … the A4 kinda lacked that immediate fun factor for me, felt more like a cold, sound design tool which is cool but again no time!! (and yes, those tiny screen and knobs!) … For me, the elektron approach / sequencer works better for drum machines (i have MD and AR) … If the AK had come out before I got the A4, I may have got the AK, but IMO it still appears a bit cold / too much menu diving.

Anyhow, here is a quick vid of the MD thru the S37 filter … TBH, I think it sounds pretty rubbish (the MD/AR filters sound much better) and would never use it, but may give v00d00ppl some idea of the sound …

Here’s one with the AR, recorded last night just messing around with one of the AR presets, I’ll try get a better one done this weekend that explores it a bit more. It clips at the end when I increased the multidrive, that I’ll have to get another take of.

https://soundcloud.com/snafulocaz/analog-rytm-moog-sub-37-filter-test-elektronauts