Moog Sub 37

My fav Video of the sub

If you already have 4 elektrons, Iā€™d go with the sub37 over AR.

This was also my dilemma, and my decision.

This was also my dilemma, and my decision. [/quote]
why? the AR and the sub37 arenā€™t really competing products (one doesnā€™t replace the other) IMO

sell something and grab the AR, sell something and grab the sub37ā€¦I definitely want oneā€¦but I will be getting the AR first and waiting for the lower cost sub37 (which should come after this special one)

if you guys only knew what moogā€™s might be cooking behind closed doorsā€¦
canā€™t tell you more, but itā€™ll be jaw-dropping

Great demo of sub37. From the NAMM show, but in a quiet room, no noise etc.

This was also my dilemma, and my decision. [/quote]
why? the AR and the sub37 arenā€™t really competing products (one doesnā€™t replace the other) IMO

sell something and grab the AR, sell something and grab the sub37ā€¦I definitely want oneā€¦but I will be getting the AR first and waiting for the lower cost sub37 (which should come after this special one)[/quote]
I was not insinuating that they were competing products. Merely that a moog would be nice to throw into the mix, rather than a 5th elektron. In my opinion. Spice it up.

^ agreed

though I would likely get rid of one of the other elektron boxes and replace it with an AR :wink:

obviously we donā€™t have it in our hands yet but Iā€™m thinking the AR is going to be a force to reckon with when it comes to drum machines

the OT is another box that canā€™t really be replaced IMO

ā€¦that being said, I think everyone should have a moog in the mix :wink:

I am making do with the minitaur until the non-tribute sub37 comes outā€¦or maybe even a desktop/module (that would be nice, donā€™t really need the keys)ā€¦guess I shouldnā€™t use the phrase ā€œmaking doā€ when referring to the minitaurā€¦the thing is unrealā€¦you would have to pry that beast out of my hands!

Does anybody know the estimated price for the Sub 37 post tribute Edition?

Polymoog confirmed! :imp:

Polymoog confirmed! :imp: [/quote]
yeahā€¦ thatā€™s one thingā€¦ but wait for next week when they unleash something special

<ā€” waiting

Hi all, long time lurker, first post. I just paid for my Sub 37 yesterday based on the following info I had gather from Moog, Guitar Center, Sweetwater and my local Synth Boutique shop -

Moog says (I called them direct) that theyā€™re making 1000 of these in two batches. The first batch, to be delivered to retailers in May and to customers who ordered direct from Moog, have already all been allocated. So If you want one in May, you got to call a retailer that has some allocated to them and make a purchase before they sell out of their allotment. Otherwise, the next batch will go out end of August/beginning of September.

So I called ControlVoltage in Portland Oregon (local boutique shop) and they havenā€™t got any word on when they are getting the Sub 37 in, meaning they did not get an allotment of them this first go around.

So I reluctantly called Guitar Center and had to talk to several different people before I got a straight answer. Here in the U.S., they claim they are getting the largest allotment for May out of any other retailers, and that number is only 50 of them. They have about 220 stores, but with an allotment of only 50, only their major city stores (like the Hollywood, CA store) will have them, if they donā€™t presell them all by phone before-hand. And so far, they had sold 35 by phone. Mine being the 36th. So that means there are only 14 left as of yesterday in the largest U.S. retailerā€™s allotmentā€¦ at least based on all of this info I got yesterday. Not sure how accurate any of it is or if it will change, but to be on the safe side, I paid for mine so I am guaranteed to get the Sub 37 Tribute in the first shipment which, according to both Guitar Center and Moog themselves, is May 23rd. I am happy.

Then today, out of curiosity, I spoke with Sweetwater (second largest U.S. Retailer?) and they said theyā€™ve got 200 allocated to them, but spread out 50 at a time over the next several months (50 for May, 50 for June, etc.) and that theyā€™ve already pre-sold the first two batches of 50. Also, they said Moog was just in their offices on Tuesday and that Moog informed them that theyā€™re not even in Production yet. Production begins first week of May. Donā€™t know what that does for a May 23rd delivery date. Seems like thatā€™s cutting it closeā€¦

So, it looks like you will not be able to walk into a retailer any time before Summer (at least in the U.S.) and buy a Sub 37; youā€™ll need to order one now, and make sure itā€™s not just a ā€œpre-orderā€ (e.g., Sweetwater are taking ā€œpre-ordersā€ now, but no delivery until Fall since the first two allotments are already spoken for, where as GuitarCenter are taking straight-up orders for their few remaining allotment in the first shipment.)

Hope that helpsā€¦[/quote]
Thanks for the info. Iā€™m gonna check with the retailer I ordered with, wonder who will get the 1st batch in the U.K, or if the U.K will even get any of the 1st batch.

ā€¦and then they do videos like this that give you bad GASā€¦

Iā€™m honestly not sold on the sound demos yet. Iā€™d like to hear something other than that high raspy sound.

Nice and very friendly bear

Surely thereā€™s plenty of sound demos with all kinds of sounds of the Sub Phatty. You only have a bit more modulation capabilities and friendlier interface with the Sub 37.

the sub 37 will have a sequencer as well and will be able to send out midi and control other midi devices with it. time for elektron to do the same

Surely thereā€™s plenty of sound demos with all kinds of sounds of the Sub Phatty. You only have a bit more modulation capabilities and friendlier interface with the Sub 37.[/quote]
The SubPhatty demos are samey too. Iā€™m interested in hearing more of the duo mode.

sub phatty sounds arenā€™t going to cut itā€¦sub37 has more optionsā€¦i.e. duo, feedback, etc etcā€¦

hopefully we will get some more sound demos

I find my minitaur more fun than my phatty sadly. Dont reckon the missus will be happy for me to trade LP for sub 37 though. When i was in my 20ā€™s i owned a realistic concertmate. Fell in love with the sound but sadly sold all my gear. 25 years later got back into making music and went for the phatty. Lo and behold, discovered elektron (md & a4) coupled with the moogs and minibruteā€¦ HAPPY DAYS (not the soundtrack to the tv show however)