Moog Sub 37

Hm, you mean the “Werkstatt”?

Hmmm, I don’t think the “Werkstatt”-Kit, which will be some kind of DIYish workshop trophy, qualifies as jaw-dropping. :wink:

http://createdigitalmusic.com/2014/04/moogs-werkstatt-moogfest-patchable-monosynth-leaked-image/[/quote]
well… this is one of the “things”…
i heard some more rumors about something else, let’s see if they unveil it at moogfest

Thanks to this thread, I now have a pre-order for the Sub 37 @ Sweetwater… with the just announced 10% discount from Moog!

My sales guy hooked me up even though he had not heard about the offer yet, so there is no official confirmation that SW is a participating dealer, but given their relationship with Moog I can’t see why they wouldn’t be.

AR will just have to wait for now! :slight_smile:

Polymoog confirmed! :imp: [/quote]
yeah… that’s one thing… but wait for next week when they unleash something special[/quote]
Yeah Polymoog is the first thing to come to my mind. Not sure what else could be so jaw-dropping that they don’t have already. A Moogbox (Groove box)? Now that would be unexpected! Have they ever done a drum machine?

Woah! This thing is actually real!?!

Hahaha! Wasn’t that the April fools joke product? Nice way to dismiss any leaks about an up coming product. Make it out to be a joke so anyone who see’s it just thinks it is part of the joke, then release it! Well done Moog, well done!

http://createdigitalmusic.com/2014/04/moogs-werkstatt-moogfest-patchable-monosynth-leaked-image/[/quote]
i heard some more rumors about something else, let’s see if they unveil it at moogfest[/quote]
and what was actually the jar dropping news ? I hope not the rebuild new emerson synth, out of reach for most of us i here in forum i would say. So what was it ? have not noticed any other news from the moog festival yet

i heard some more rumors about something else, let’s see if they unveil it at moogfest[/quote]
and what was actually the jar dropping news ? I hope not the rebuild new emerson synth, out of reach for most of us i here in forum i would say. So what was it ? have not noticed any other news from the moog festival yet[/quote]
it’s the emerson moog, made out of some NOS components… imagine how hard it is to find these old parts.
maybe none of the forum members will be able to buy one, but i like the fact that they build this legendary pice of gear

Hahaha! Wasn’t that the April fools joke product? Nice way to dismiss any leaks about an up coming product. Make it out to be a joke so anyone who see’s it just thinks it is part of the joke, then release it! Well done Moog, well done![/quote]
I wouldn’t call it a product more a project. They’ll probably keep this at the Moog office or their live sessions with artists or donate to Moog museum. Pretty cool and significant they did this! I don’t think they’ll be selling them. Who knows, maybe they’ll have some limited modules to sell or something.

Hahaha! Wasn’t that the April fools joke product? Nice way to dismiss any leaks about an up coming product. Make it out to be a joke so anyone who see’s it just thinks it is part of the joke, then release it! Well done Moog, well done![/quote]
I wouldn’t call it a product more a project. They’ll probably keep this at the Moog office or their live sessions with artists or donate to Moog museum. Pretty cool and significant they did this! I don’t think they’ll be selling them. Who knows, maybe they’ll have some limited modules to sell or something.[/quote]
Sounds like they’re selling it to me; from the Moog site - "To inquire about the new Emerson Moog Modular System, contact Moog Music. Price available upon request. 828.251.0090"

I wouldn’t call it a product more a project. They’ll probably keep this at the Moog office or their live sessions with artists or donate to Moog museum. Pretty cool and significant they did this! I don’t think they’ll be selling them. Who knows, maybe they’ll have some limited modules to sell or something.[/quote]
Sounds like they’re selling it to me; from the Moog site - "To inquire about the new Emerson Moog Modular System, contact Moog Music. Price available upon request. 828.251.0090"[/quote]
:astonished: whoa embarrassed! Thanks for pointing that out! That is…crazy. I don’t understand. How many of these can they make I wonder?

Rumours say that Hans already ordered one…:g:

Sounds like they’re selling it to me; from the Moog site - "To inquire about the new Emerson Moog Modular System, contact Moog Music. Price available upon request. 828.251.0090"[/quote]
:astonished: whoa embarrassed! Thanks for pointing that out! That is…crazy. I don’t understand. How many of these can they make I wonder? [/quote]
i’ve been told less than 5…no idea if this is true

:astonished: whoa embarrassed! Thanks for pointing that out! That is…crazy. I don’t understand. How many of these can they make I wonder? [/quote]
i’ve been told less than 5…no idea if this is true[/quote]
I too have heard that they’ve made 5 of them and most likely no more. And as cool and historic as it is, I would still much rather have a Buchla 200E System 7. :wink:

This interests me more than the modular.

too bad the werkstatt was only for the workshop at moogfest, the video of him showing it off was very cool

though I suppose with moog if they actually released it, it would cost over $1000 :slight_smile:

as much as I love my moog minitaur…it was a bit on the expensive side

If a “finished” version of the Werkstatt turns out to be in the class of an Oberheim SEM (new version) or SEM Pro, I think just over $1000 would be reasonable.

Back on the modular, with all those drone oscillators, I would have loved to hear what it would sound like in Eliane Radigue’s hands. Obviously her work with the ARP 2500 modular is the stuff of legend, but man, I can’t help but ream

Did you see this one?

^ I’m trying not to…the sub37 is giving me bad GAS :wink: