Moog Sub 37

:alien:

Woahhhh.
I hope to get mine soon!!!

Unfortunately, I just got word that Moog has pushed back the ship date to June 27th. :sob:

This is torture waiting for this thing after having pre-ordered it (I usually never pre order until I can try the thing… this is my first time doing this.)

I guess that means I won’t be getting a non-tribute edition until Christmas 2015. :slight_smile:

Got a Mail from stacey(at)moog. She states that they plan to start Production in june and shipping in july :frowning:

noooooo
if rytm’s were available i’d just cancel my sub37… :frowning:

And my retailer where i pre-ordered still says they expect it to be delievered mid june.
Lots of cool releases this Year but i’m really a little but pissed about the whole communication structures in this buisness.
Ok, still these are “only” musical instruments, could be worse.

What I don’t understand is, why are they not already in production? Amos at Moog told Sweetwater they were going into production first week of May, but I guess they need a month off to recover from Moogfest? :dizzy_face:
By the way, did anyone get the email from Elektron stating that “we are offering you a special chance to place your order in advance” by sending them your customer number? I got that email yesterday. Part of me does want to cancel the Sub 37 and get the Rytm, but I really want that Sub 37…

I ordered an AR…no way I would cancel a sub37 order and get an AR instead though.

I will likely order the sub37 non-tribute edition if/when it arrives…I’m a fan of moog sound though…and as much as I like elektron, I would take the sub37 over the ak any day if it was solely based on sound.

The AR I would need regardless because I want a good analog drum machine in the mix.

I’ve heard the tribute edition was limited to 1000 worldwide, not sure how much truth is in that. I pre-ordered in February with a retailer, although no money was taken obviously. It is the tribute edition showing for sale on all retailers websites still so not sure why they would still be showing as available if there was only 1000, surely the pre-orders would have been filled in no time.

You’d be surprised. Most of the major retailers here in the U.S. got 50 units allocated to them for pre-sale/order in the first batch to be shipped and another 50 for the second (and final?) shipment for this year.

Sweetwater says they have already sold through (in pre-orders) both batches but as of last week, Guitar Center still had 6 units available in their first batch of 50 (they had called me to say the shipment had been pushed back to June 27th and that I was still #36 out of the 44 sold of the 50 they have allocated to them.)

Okay well thats some useful information, thanks. My retailer in the U.K didn’t seem to have any specific details like that, only that they would be the 1st retailer to get them in the U.K.

Well there go my plans to jam with my brother over the summer - I’m planning on using the Sub37 as a more portable Voyager XL as well as controller for the A4. At least that latest video has kept the GAS fires at bay (I’m already pre-ordered but need a little bit of reaffirmation every once in a while! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: )

I think I know why the Sub37 has been delayed…

I ordered mine in February. Got a new update today from my Sweetwater sales guy:

I’m number 200 and something to order through them… even tho I ordered so early.

“We have an estimated ship date of early JULY, but your order probably wont be in the first few shipments. It’s safe to say you will def have it by late August… Maybe early September.”

Fuuuuuuu cc cc cc cc ck my life.

I might just cancel the order and buy a RYTM… then save up for a Voyager XL or another Virus TI2. I hate being mislead.

Man that’s pretty. I knew not even to try for a sub37, will need a non-tribute edition with a larger run (hopefully).
Means I probably have a good year to save up.

Yeah, that’s why I mentioned awhile back that most of the big U.S. retailers like Sweetwater and Guitar Center only had 50 units allocated to them in the first batch/shipment, another 50 for the second batch… and I don’t know much more beyond that.

I became the very happy owner of a white edition XL earlier this year. I have to say, ever since I got that bad boy my TI2 has been sorely neglected. I originally was just going to go with a Sub37, but have since decided that both it and the full size Voyager will sit nicely side by side. My main use for the Sub will be portability, but it really seems like it has a lot of nice extras that the XL doesn’t - 5 stage envelopes, looping envelopes (altho this can be done through patching on the XL), multidrive, not to mention the paraphonic capability.

I’m not expecting to see my order ship from Sweetwater before the end of summer based on the latest info folks have been posting (I only pre-ordered in mid-April). In the meantime, the RYTM will be definitely calling out to me (tho I will hopefully resist the temptation so my better half can get it for me for my birthday in December :slight_smile: ).

For those of you keeping track, I spoke directly with Moog support today regarding a minor issue with my new Theremini, and while I had them on the line I asked “So when exactly will I be getting my Sub 37 Tribute?” They said they are finally, officially going into production at the beginning of next week and will be immediately shipping the Sub 37 the following week after.

Asked why it has taken so long; the answer was that they had to get out the other products they were introducing this past month first (5x Emerson Modular Systems, Aluminum Voyager, Theremini and new Moogerfooger Super Delay.)

Awesome news! Finally…

Only one more month or so to wait…