Noteworthy bands of the 90s and 00s now mostly forgotten

I bet she does !

Oh…the memories.
The memories…
Damn you.

Fucking My Vitriol!

Saw them twice.

They were shit.

Great track/album, it has wildflower soul on it which is one of my fave SY tracks, from 3 1/2 minutes onwards it’s the most blissful SY jam they committed to tape. I love the delicacy to chaos journeys they could do like no-one else.

I’m a big SY fan.

5 Likes

While some bands here were not forgotten because they are/were cool, the others here are like WHAT. Like some alternative timeline :slight_smile:
That kind of bands which were shown only once or couple of times on MTV

2 Likes

Sadly, very boring live band.
I expected so much more, maybe they were just tired of being in a van on tour.
They stayed at my house. Pretty much everyone we ran into tried to get that band stoned. They weren’t having it. They made a funny remark about how the whole town wanted to get them high.
That album is so energetic, but the band was very reserved, almost seemed bored of their own music.

Saw them touring a few yards ago too. Different members, a little better show.

That album still rips tho.

1 Like

The Sea and Cake = one of the most boring bands I ever saw.

1 Like

One of the best bands to ever do it.
Saw them every chance I could get.

Serious case of don’t meet your hero’s tho.

I listen to mostly something dark experimental and stuff, but my guilty pleasure are techno/euro/rave dance bands of 90’s.

Like - who remembers them? They were almost in the same league as The Shamen, Prodigy, but now almost forgotten. Absolutely killing hits (with ALOT of samples from 80’s)

The self-proclaimed dada-house collective. Were quite known

Dance superstar producers from Italy, they were on top in the beginning of 90’s

A one hit wonder from unknown guys from Berlin? Nope, it was Moby’s keyboard player and video director (and Moby is in the video) Ok, this was a joke, but awesome

3 Likes

They never stopped! 2nd album is great too and a 3rd that’s cool in places. Working on another I believe. In terms of where they came from, the guitarist was/is in Failure.

edit: sorry, see this has been covered plenty above!

1 Like
1 Like
2 Likes
1 Like

Finitribe

Electribe 101

2 Likes
2 Likes

I’d say New Radicals, Gregg Alexander and Danielle Brisebois especially. They are both brilliant songwriters, and while I mostly abhor the artists that interpreted their songs (Ronan Keating, Kelly Clarkson and worse), I think their finesse and keen sense for hooks is too often overlooked.

This was their one hit:

This is my favourite of their songs for other artists (and yeah, Ellis-Bextor sells it):

4 Likes
9 Likes

4 Likes

100% yes to Soul Coughing and Whale!

Two favorites I’ve danced a lot to back then:

3 Likes