Overbridge 1.10 Mega thread

huge update! :+1:
everything is looking good at here.

so… what is next expected features? just curious.

Arrgh.

It’s probably a user issue…

I’ve installed the update correctly, I can see the analog keys vst in the plugin folder on my mac, but cannot get Logic 9 Express to see it.

I have refreshed the audio unit manager and not seeing it.

I have managed to get it to work with older beta versions but haven’t looked at this for a while…

Any ideas? Thanks!

Hi,
I can’t setup multiple inputs in Cubase 5 and Rytm. In the instrument track (rack) i have only stereo option to choose. Did someone succeed in setting multiple ch inputs in cubase 5?
Tnx

I guess you might have to enable the channels via the Overbridge config app first - maybe?

It works in Overbridge App but doesn’t translate to cubase ins. Are you using Cubase 5?

Nope - 8.5.
I didn’t spot that you were using 5. I think my brain interpreted that as 8.5.

Both my AR and AK work seamlessly, simultaneously with the new version. Buffer is set to 128 and the latency is now playable in Ableton Live. It is quite unbelievable and fantastic.

AU not working here in Logic 10.2.2

Failed to load Audio Unit “Analog Four”, please contact the manufacturer for an updated version or further assistance.

after an AU rescan/reauth ?

from the included readme:

Change: Audio Unit plugin format is now supported. Note that in certain hosts like Logic Pro X, you need to re-scan the plugins each time a new version is installed, just in case the bus I/O configuration has changed in the plugin. Otherwise, Logic may fail to load the plugin into your project.

I’ve had some issues in Ableton. I’ll have everything going but if I go to another track it kills the sound in overbridge. Anyone else had this problem? Maybe I need to try the AU.

Is it possible, now, on A4 to edit notes in a pattern from MIDI through the overbridge connection ?

Has something changed in the audio setup from 1.10beta to 1.10.
Reason asked as I have just updated 1.10 and 1.23OS on the Analog Keys.
Rebooted.
Set up in overbridge below (which should work).

Load Cubase 8.5.15x64 on Windows 10Prox64 doesn’t matter if I load up the VST as a rack vst or instrument vst, the multi audio outputs is lost. Only 1 stereo out into the DAW. AS you can see below the option is greyed out.

Mixer only 1 stereo out.

Any help is much appreciated.

Logic doesn’t use VST’s. Only AU
(Ive not used Logic 9 express however, but I expect it is the same)

Shit, sorry to hear that. I was just jamming with 8 OB channels from the Rytm, 4 from A4 and a further two with my JU-06 all through Overhub without any problems. Latest El Cap version, 10.11.4.

Iirc you got a usb2 cable in the end? That’s what I’m using, haven’t tested with the usb3 one. I also bought a power supply for mine, mainly because the Roland is usb powered, but it might help.

Just noticed that the plugin can now record mute automations, this is going to be super handy for jamming in a rough structure. Yet again, A+ from this update.

Not possible in this version. Atm it’s not even possible to play a midi clip in overbridge mode and hit record on the A4 to transfer it, not sure why that is.

Some sequencer functions are promised for future updates, not sure exactly what though. Would be sweet to be able to drop an Ableton clip onto the A4’s sequencer to tweak with P-Locks…

i would like to know that too…no outputs in cubase 8.5 …just greyed out

Shit, sorry to hear that. I was just jamming with 8 OB channels from the Rytm, 4 from A4 and a further two with my JU-06 all through Overhub without any problems. Latest El Cap version, 10.11.4.

Iirc you got a usb2 cable in the end? That’s what I’m using, haven’t tested with the usb3 one. I also bought a power supply for mine, mainly because the Roland is usb powered, but it might help.

Just noticed that the plugin can now record mute automations, this is going to be super handy for jamming in a rough structure. Yet again, A+ from this update.[/quote]
I never could find an appropriate USB 2 cable in my city to try, and I bought Overhub when they were only supplying the USB 3 cable. Simon finally caved after I complained enough and said he’d send me one, but that was at the end of March. Maybe it’s in the mail, maybe not. I’m going to be back in the states for a week in June and I’m just going to sell the damned thing or ship it to Elektron for a refund (not looking forward to how much that’s going to cost, but whatever).

Can anyone help with routing the EXT input channels in OB/Ableton?

EXT L/R are coming in mono which is fine but I can’t split them into two seperate mono Ableton tracks to record individually. I only get the option to record the stereo pair :frowning: I’d like to be able to record L and R on two different tracks.

EFX routing isn’t important and happy to record all EFX on one track but I do need to split L and R EXT ins.

Any ideas?

EDIT: Solved using a L and R Utility in Abes.

i would like to know that too…no outputs in cubase 8.5 …just greyed out[/quote]
Hey switchbox, looks like a post beta bug. Not sure what they changed or why but I played around last night and only 1 stereo out is actually available as a plugin :frowning:
Sent a support ticket and may try 1.10beta but not sure if its os1.23 compatible, which I will not be rolling back (and not advised in any way).

As an A4 + AR owner, I’m really encouraged by all the hard work put in by the guys at Elektron. Still haven’t played with any of the new AR synths - TOTALLY stoked for a session tonight!!

However… my main issue still persists: Can’t use both the A4 + AR simultaneously. It’s all “green lights” within OB and the VTS plugin, but only one instrument or the other.

I’m using an Overhub with the supplied USB3 cables. My next move is to swap them out for USB2, after a trip to the store later today.

Since updating to 1.10 and the new device OS, I have also uninstalled/reinstalled OB. Running El Capitan on a 27" Retina iMac.

I’ve followed the setup and installation instructions to the letter but they deail with either the A4 or AR sooooo…

*** QUESTION for the Elektron guys + anyone else that might like to take a crack at it ***

Can you lay out a detailed “set up/troubleshooting guide” for using two machines simultaneously?