Overbridge 1.10 Mega thread

Constantly happening to my A4, used to happen as well with older Overbridge, now same again with 1.10. Running with ableton 9.5, Yosemite 10.10.2.

Sometime when I click something, other times just happens randomly

Why is this happening?

do a factory reset…i had this before…after doing a full reset, it’s working…backup all your data first

do a factory reset…i had this before…after doing a full reset, it’s working…backup all your data first[/quote]
Really? You had the exact same error?

I am having trouble syncing using ableton to the over bridge plugin , when I open the vst and go to sync the plugin and hardware it comes up over bridge syncing and just stays that way and I need to switch the rytm off to stop it

i would like to know that too…no outputs in cubase 8.5 …just greyed out[/quote]
Hey switchbox, looks like a post beta bug. Not sure what they changed or why but I played around last night and only 1 stereo out is actually available as a plugin :frowning:
Sent a support ticket and may try 1.10beta but not sure if its os1.23 compatible, which I will not be rolling back (and not advised in any way).
[/quote]
i believe it actually states in the release notes all the known issues, including cubase ones !

I used to get a similar error on my Rytm when I pushed the stop button twice in a row. It was fixed 2 updates ago.
See if you can recreate it, let us know, and submit a support ticket.

I used to get a similar error on my Rytm when I pushed the stop button twice in a row. It was fixed 2 updates ago.
See if you can recreate it, let us know, and submit a support ticket.[/quote]
nah this happens completely randomly. sometimes when i press nothing. Think i will back up and do the factory reset. see if that works

anyone having trouble enabling the total recall function with the RYTM tried it with the A4 and it worked first time but not working with the RYTM .

OSX 10.10.5 – Ableton Live (latest version) VST is ok, I see multiple channels (AR+A4), AU can’t see multiple channels.

i would like to know that too…no outputs in cubase 8.5 …just greyed out[/quote]
Hey switchbox, looks like a post beta bug. Not sure what they changed or why but I played around last night and only 1 stereo out is actually available as a plugin :frowning:
Sent a support ticket and may try 1.10beta but not sure if its os1.23 compatible, which I will not be rolling back (and not advised in any way).
[/quote]
i believe it actually states in the release notes all the known issues, including cubase ones ![/quote]
Yep avantronia you are indeed correct, unfortunately :

Known Issue: In Cubase 7 and above, the ASIO Guard mechanism must be turned off.
Known Issue: In Cubase, the plugins currently expose only a stereo main output bus, and hide the
individual output buses due to severe incompatibility problems.

Seems strange, was all working nicely under the 1.10 beta, so a huge backwards step in my book. Does this mean that multiple units setups will also have the same issue? Quite troubling tbh.

this is what is happening now between the rytm and the plug in now keep on asking for the plug in state.or device state

excuse the audio kids watching the tv !!!

I had a similar issue in that if I muted one track in Live, all the tracks quit playing sound.
. . . . but that was only one issue.
The worst seems to be that I only get about 3 minutes of continuous play before it turns to bit-crush buffer hell! Doesn’t matter how many tracks I’m using. 16 or 24bit. Doesn’t matter. I have to keep switching the buffer in Live from 128, 256, and 512 and it only work for a few minutes after that.
-b

Yup, +1 here: I got so excited when I saw that I could use all 8 tracks in with 0 tracks out. But multitracking is also not working for me (Ableton, latest version).

Same problem here on the AR, Akeys is fine. I submitted a ticket with elektron. They didn’t get back to me with much information, just a theory that it’s related to something incompatible from the beta OB messing with TR. They told me to get back to them if it happens with a fresh project started in the new OS and OB…haven’t had a chance to check that yet.
Interestingly, despite this message and the OB GUI and AR indicating a failure to accept recall, it appears that it is actually working. As in the correct project does load into the AR working state. So essentially it does work. And if you hit “cancel recall” on the AR, you get rid of this message. Still disconcerting though, and makes me nervous about saving a lot of work. I always save the project on my device concurrently for backup anyway though…

Multi input seems to only work for me with the VST now in Live 9.5 & El Capitan (used to work previously).

Still also getting a nasty bug where if I change an input / output in the control panel whilst Live is open I get the spinny beachball and am unable to force quit anything. In the end I have to do a hard restart which then restarts back to the OSX login screen and then restarts itself again. Does this every time.

Fortunately I’m not changing I/O that often and if I quit Live first then the problem doesn’t happen.

Overall though - feels very stable. I’d rather use AU but VST can work too.

EX/

I tried this with a blank project but still wasn’t able to get ti working keeps asking for the device state and the plug in seems to work but I am the same bit worried to do any work and save it then its not saved in the project . I have put a support ticket in as well .

Try the vst plugin - having the same issue in AU, but vst is working fine.

iv same problem no multi audio out only stereo pleas help.

I was really excited to see Audio Unit support and better fuctionality with el capitan… However, when I scan my audio units on my system

auval -a

I’m getting a ton of invalid param! errors;

aumu ELAF ELEK - Elektron: Analog Four

getLogicalParamIdFromObId(): invalid param!
getLogicalParamIdFromObId(): invalid param! getLogicalParamIdFromObId(): invalid param! ect…

and when I try to validate the single Audio unit

auval -v aumu ELAF ELEK -comp

I’m getting an error at the Testing Opening Times call…

AU Validation Tool
Version: 1.6.1a1 
Copyright 2003-2013, Apple Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Specify -h (-help) for command options

VALIDATING AUDIO UNIT: ‘aumu’ - ‘ELAF’ - ‘ELEK’
** As Component **

Manufacturer String: Elektron
AudioUnit Name: Analog Four
Component Version: 1.10.0 (0x10A00)

• PASS

TESTING OPEN TIMES:
FATAL ERROR: didn’t find the component

My components are obviously in the system plug-ins folder. How do I fix this? It’s loading fine in ableton, but as a standalone Audio Unit I’m having a ton of problems. I’m trying to write my own AU host app… perhaps theres a key using the object ID to gain access to the parameters list? None of my my other AUs are giving me this message error and I can’t find any similar problem in other forums.

furthermore, if I try validating the plugin NOT as a component

auval -v aumu ELAF ELEK

everything seems to PASS except the Opening Times call which now reads “COLD”.

TESTING OPEN TIMES:
COLD:
getLogicalParamIdFromObId(): invalid param!getLogicalParamIdFromObId(): invalid param!getLogicalParamIdFromObId(): invalid param! ect…

Time to open AudioUnit: 6.588 ms
FIRST TIME:
Time for initialization: 0.018 ms

• PASS
      ect…