Ricky 'Overbridge' Tinez

Well It might have been worse in your heart or your brain.

Or your eye.

1 Like

This whole thing is one big butt joke setup. At some point someoneā€™s gonna have to cash in and ride the caboose all the way to Jokesville.

2 Likes

no thatā€™s not me

Hmmmmā€¦thatā€™s something that Tommy guy would say.

2 Likes

You had a butt joke going there for awhile, didnā€™t you? But the world wasnā€™t ready. Maybe it never will be.

2 Likes

I even heard him say it once.

1 Like

Someday :frowning_face:

I disagree a little bit, I donā€™t care about the reviewers artistic, level or if they make tunes that I like I donā€™t watch the demos for that reason, I only care about how much time theyā€™ve spent with the gear they are demoing or their expertise on a type of particular item for example Ricky is a samplist and I know what instruments his skills are rooted in and thatā€™s all I need to know. Basically the only thing that I personally require from Ricky, loopop, and others is that they not be annoying AF lol and donā€™t waste too much of my Time with an intro and that they know more about the instrument that Iā€™m interested in than I do so that I can learn somethingā€¦ Iā€™m a huge fan of Jexus and retrosounds too but for completely different reasons, I like them because I like them artistically and like to see what they might do with an instrumentā€¦ but Ricky, loopop, bobeats, sonic state, gaz , heinbach, etcā€¦ whether they make good music or entertain me is not even secondaryā€¦ imo they make great quick start video manuals that are insightful and thatā€™s the only reason I check them outā€¦ Their biases, or the fact they are trying to make a living, or whatever is not something I care about when Iā€™m trying to get an quick idea of an instrument, I wish there were more of them, biases included cause when they show their bias they are more likely to point out some issues that I would definitely like to be made aware of so in my opinion itā€™s all a win win win

7 Likes

Thatā€™s what Tommy said.

Am I right @HoldMyBeer?

1 Like

Most of the time I have their videos on a speaker while I work.
It is like listening to the news, I hardly pay extra attentionā€¦but once every 4 videos I learn something.

It is cool and all, but I find that they review / demo stuff too quickly.

I use to love it when they went a little deeper.

Now I understand they make a living out of it so I cant get mad if they dont make exhaustive content everytime as they need to produce so much to stay algorythm relevant, but it feels sloppyā€¦

They have to understand that they are sometimes speaking to a more educated audienceā€¦no every subscriber is a beginnerā€¦

Yup, I remember. Word for word thatā€™s what that Tommy guy said.

I will say this, anyone into sampling should check out Tommyā€™s videos as his commentary is hilarious and would make great samplingā€¦

however I donā€™t have Isla 2400 or a blackbox although CG has tempted me often in the direction of the latter. I do have a deluge though

1 Like

It all started so innocently.

1 Like

like these little side bits, still learned something

1 Like

this is one of RIckyā€™s best short films.

3 Likes

yeah, it really shows off the mpc workflow too, heā€™s not using anything that only the 4000 is capable of from what Iā€™m seeingā€¦ itā€™s just the core mpc workflow and shows why itā€™s so popular, itā€™s simple, easily accessible and fun to be in the moment with. Any version of mpc can do it.

And donā€™t get me wrong, I like that all this material is there for us to watch and learn from. And people should be able to make a living from what Iā€™m sure costs a lot of work. I just like it more and more when theyā€™re super simple and transparent in saying if itā€™s a sponsored video, by whom, and getting on with the content. Then itā€™s for me as a viewer to take it for what I think itā€™s worth - instead of the many recent videos where YouTubers spin elaborate stories to sugarcoat being sponsored or how that does/doesnā€™t affect their opinion.

Trust No One.

3 Likes

I get what your saying. But nothing is free, thereā€™s ALWAYS an angle. Theyā€™re all on YouTube to make money. If itā€™s a regular thing, well produced with good video, editing and sound - itā€™s been done to gets paid. Enter advertising. Enter product placement. Enter sponsorship. Unfortunately now everyone wants to be a YouTube star. Is what it is.

Anyway, I like Ricky. Iā€™d say heā€™s been pretty transparent about sponsorship and doesnā€™t go too far. I appreciate his skills and his sense of humour. He makes me smile when he does something that he likes. I donā€™t even really like cheesy house, but he makes me want to just for the joy he shows in what heā€™s doing, itā€™s infectious.

Iā€™m amazed at how well the anniversary Octatracks have been distributed. Looks like the Rytm is now doing the rounds.

6 Likes

ya that cat is SMOOVE. heā€™s the only one of ā€˜those kindā€™ I will watch/listen to.