Ricky 'Overbridge' Tinez

Its like watching one of those pimple popping videos.

Not techno at all? Ok…

1 Like

25 Likes

It was kind of a joke :sweat_smile: because Elektron has never had a serious techno demo IMHO! The dark more „techno“ stuff

I remember his complain about the lack of songmode in DT.
So now he introduced it.

2 Likes

Maybe that’s why Elektron did it. Ricky is Big.

1 Like

I’ve always found Ricky’s videos to be a real treat when I’m winding down for the day and want some chill gear stuff to watch but don’t want flashing images and loud/scary voices yelling at me.

7 Likes

Ttrue I hear you there. Actually there is a guy who does a pretty nice job but I guess it depends what you consider to be dark.

2 Likes

I recall seeing this as well, but I think it has more to do with monikers he uses for different genres of music he works in. One is “LPF” which is used for techno-ish stuff I think. I can’t recall the other two. (Ricky Tinez for house, maybe?).

1 Like

Click bait at best. Just look at the titles. There’ll be a new best ever whatever next week.

3 Likes

Ok but thats just a youtube title, where everything is clickbait. The actual video shows off the rytm very well in a techno context.

4 Likes

Thank you for this! :rofl:

1 Like

Gimme Cenk any day.

This guy’s pretty much the antithesis of Cenk in every possible way.

Cenk’s demos are inspiring, fast, fluid and clever and he doesn’t deliver them in that ubiquitous slow millennial drawl. He’s engaged and rises far above all that predictable YouTube “hey guys” aesthetic nonsense.

Elektron probably dumped Cenk because he seemed too accomplished and technical, which is the exact reason he should be there. For those of us that aspire to rise above all that clichéd stuff.

All I have to say is.

Bring back Cenk : )

7 Likes

We all love Cenk, but Ricky is cool in his own way.

15 Likes

Sure, if you like molasses…

1 Like

Rum is made from molasses. I love rum.

9 Likes

I like all the Elektron product video hosts but my favourite remains Hector. He made me buy a Monomachine.

14 Likes

Gives me similar vibes to:

Except the Monomachine is real…

5 Likes

Bad rum is made from molasses actually ! :sweat_smile: :innocent:

I can’t deny it tastes good though ! :yum:

1 Like

Awesome! I enjoyed listening to it and might sample bits from it :happy:

2 Likes