Ricky 'Overbridge' Tinez

I start every weekend with the boss man watching his vids while I have my sat morning hot chocolate. Rock n roll. He usually gets me inspired to go to my studio though, wish his vids were abit longer/more in-depth but his style is cool.

1 Like

sampled one of his YouTube videos into my DT a while back and made a tune with it.

4 Likes

Got a new Syntakt, couldn’t get OB to work with my Mac, returned the Syntakt :frowning_face:

Tinez is chill, he keeps discovery and exploring part of his process, which makes everyone from idiots to professional idiots wanting to continue learning and growing with these tools.

9 Likes

Bring back Hector!!!

Ricky X Hector Digi MKII launch video make it happen

1 Like
2 Likes

That was a pleasant, groovy loop he put together, but I totally expected something else when I read “prog rock” in the title

1 Like

Haha, yeah! He skips to later in the song somwhere in the video. That half second he seems to not like, was more what I expected from the sample, but I love the piano anyway.

I wonder if it is a prerecorded video from last year, or if it was just a bad rumor, that he left Elektron that quickly.

Could be both. Ik kinda like his approach to the situation: as in he doesn’t feel forced to get into it or whatever. He just shares his content and ignores the gossip. Good to see that you don’t have to always knee-jerkingly respond to everything and try to explain yourself. He just sticks to what he’s doing, at least for now.

16 Likes

Well, he explicitly said, that he is working for Elektron. That could be a statement tho.

Oh yeah you’re right, but I thought the same as you said, that it might easily be an older recorded video. But indeed, might make my reading untrue also.

His LinkedIn profile still says Elektron, fwiw

He is the guy who started four threads here about the t3rr1ble s0und qu4lity of the Oct4track.

I never managed to find the video where RMR apparently claimed that Ricky was fired.
All the links and timestamps lead to a youtube video where he appears to say:

(re: Elektron USA) “…to their credit American Elektron is actually, some great people. They got Enrique, they got Ricky Tinez recently too.”

Am i missing something?
Can anyone point me in the right direction?

All the talk about him losing his job got the previous thread delisted.

Too much speculation, and to be honest, I wouldn’t be surprised if it was seen as “backlash “ and Elektron flipped their decision. So both could be true.

With the downsizing in the tech industry and economic slowdown, I can see marketing tightening, and having a dedicated content creater might not be of value, but Ricky is much more, so hopefully it got resolved.

Plus, Ricky seems real level headed, so whatever happened, I say trust his statement as face value.

Red Means Recording kinda spoke out of turn, and even if it were in Ricky’s best interest, it stirred up controversy, which isn’t on brand for Ricky’s channel.

Go to Ave McCree for the drama!

3 Likes

Who did? Do you mean Ricky Tinez? Do you have any links? I’d love to give those a read

I remember Ricky doing a YouTube video on the sound quality of the OT: https://youtu.be/ZpjNGDzyJgw

I always think the sound quality debate is fascinating and I’m of the opinion that most people wouldn’t be able to tell the difference between 44.1khz and 48khz. I used to bartend and I had guests who insisted they preferred the flavor of their brand of vodka, so I did a few blind taste tests of mainstream vodka brands and everyone got them wrong (including myself).

3 Likes

Maybe he is confusing Ricky and Stimming. I mean they are easily confused, right?

7 Likes

Ach ja, das deutsche Ricky Tinez

15 Likes

I took a look. The comment that started all the fuss has been edited out of the video.

11 Likes

Ah good, I can see being mad for a mate but diplomacy sometimes is needed when it’s not your direct business.

11 Likes

Damn, Ricky keeps his Peak on the floor!

4 Likes