Ricky 'Overbridge' Tinez

I noticed his wall was looking a little bare. Then he pulled the Peak (with power!) off the floor. So now I picture him with all his gear just, like, spread out down there. Like, he needed to take it all in just sort of horizontally arrayed before him instead of stacked on shelves. And now he has to very carefully pick is way through his studio on tip-toes.

2 Likes

Iā€™m just kidding around. He probably just put it on the floor temporarily to clear some desk space for the video. Cluttered desk space is bad optics.

1 Like

Im glad he is still with Elektron. Crazy times, hard to hold down a tech job right now.

I really enjoy his octatrack videos. I think he is a good asset for Elektron.

6 Likes

Glad Ricky is still with Elektron. Minus points for RMR being a shit stirrer.

18 Likes

Whoaā€¦ I didnā€™t know the Syntakt has Soundlocksā€¦

and if RMR considered himself a friendā€¦ thats a hard one to recover fromā€¦

Maybe he saw that picture of @sezare56ā€™s gear on the floor and re-arranged his setup.

I really enjoy his OT videos. I donā€™t use it the way he does it and just looking at him doing stuff thatā€™s not even the focus of the video teaches me quite a lot in a chill way.

1 Like

Maybe he did leave Elektron and then negotiated a new deal to come back/stay - perhaps itā€™s all to do with what RMR was talking about in his last video i.e. YouTube reviewers not getting paid what they are worth.

1 Like

Dude is under the microscope.

2 Likes

Maybe we just put that RMR comment thing to rest, move on and talk about Rickyā€™s actual videos instead?

26 Likes

Not on the floor but my bed !
I take care of it !

3 Likes

It will die out.

This is just shows how invested we are in the Synth community.

Plus itā€™s measured discourse and not flagrant drama, so it doesnā€™t feel out of place.

I mean, I care about Ricky.

1 Like

Thatā€™s what I think. And honestly, well deserved.

It had to happen.

1 Like

I already know how to do this, I installed a sound pack last week, but i watched the video anyway just because i like watching his videos.

Thereā€™s something so soothing about Rickys voice, i often catch myself dozing off midway through.
If he made monthly subscription service where he just reads synthesizer manuals over half-finished laid back house beats Iā€™d be throwing handfuls of cash at him.

24 Likes

Amazed no-oneā€™s rubbed this comment in my face yetā€¦

20 Likes

Thatā€™s your bed? Oh boy, your back must be killing you ā€¦

1 Like

Heā€™s back

8 Likes

i feel exactly the same, and iā€™d gladly pay for ā€œreading synth manuals over half-finished laid back house beatsā€ too :smiley:

4 Likes

I do too. My only complaint is sometimes he goes REALLY really fast with the button pressing. Even faster on MPC videos. I used to get annoyed with him not knowing certain devices very well but I donā€™t mind it now; itā€™s part of the charm and makes him human. He has certainly maintained my interest over time much better than the other YouTube personalities. When I fist started watching YouTube and getting into hardware, I was lured in by the flashier, more entertaining people but as I got more jaded and hung out on this forum more, those people started to come off as clowns to me. Ricky has stuck to his format and as someone else mentioned earlier, it really is kind of soothing. Low-key and relaxed is a good thing.

14 Likes
8 Likes

if I watch a loopop video for anything other than entertainment I literally have to slow the speed of the video because he moves at a pace which normal humans cannot learn from by simply watching.

1 Like