Ricky 'Overbridge' Tinez

Yeah, me too. His speed and precision in using the devices shows how much time he must have spent learning the device, before he makes those videos!

5 Likes

it’s also his prior use of so many devices, he has a workflow compatible with a lot of different manufacturers, however the ability to explain while doing it is the true gift. Just the speed which he explains and executes maneuvers are beyond my ability to keep up while trying to process what is being said. You need to already be familiar with so many of the device specifics for most of the learning content to even be useful. I think it’s a hard reality of being a youtube person, if you take too long you lose viewers and like doing hour long videos that should take 3 hours is already tough. I don’t blame them for this, but it makes it impossible to learn. If I just want to be impressed with a device, no problem however.

4 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/live/TM4vnbBxIt0?feature=share

in be for captain8

18 Likes

thanks for posting man

2 Likes

these gentlemen compliment each other perfectly and coax so many great ideas out of one another

8 Likes

Indeed. Ricky T is a perfect brand ambassador for Elektron: just happy goofing around with a few presets. Always warm and joyful.

Plus anyone who can turn a VESA mount and a Digitakt into an assult weapon is fine by me.

11 Likes

They did their thing. Impressive!!!

5 Likes

Such enormous fun.

I wanted to pick up DT tips, but I found myself watching Ricky (pardon, Enrique) on the ST (which I don’t even own, and probably never will, because of my early M:C experience). Now I have to watch it all again and focus on the left half of the screen.

4 Likes

Damn this is difficult because Ricky is doing most of the talking, I keep getting distracted

2 Likes

I found it hard to figure out what Mario was doing a lot of the time.

It’s like Penn & Teller where one is misdirecting you so you miss the magic!

3 Likes

I wanted a Syntakt until I heard that M:C chord :persevere: Thanks, Ricky. (Just kidding, love you Ricky.)

If you needed a diagnostic, here it is. :rofl:

Totally get that.

2 Likes

I think the chords can sound pretty sick if done right.

For sure! It’s just that particular one, it grates on me after hearing it so much.

1 Like

that auto caption needs to learn the word “synth” already.

the MNM is nothing special, just a digital scent that sounds “okay” :sob:

2 Likes

This is how I know A.I. will never take over the world. It doesn’t even know what a synth is. Haha stupid ass A.I…

Haha, just joking A.I…don’t kill me…please.

5 Likes

:raising_hand_man: claiming „digital scent“ as project name!

Btw. the Monomachine looks very nice in this lighting. Found it rather ugly so far but this looks very good.

2 Likes