Still no cupholders? WTF ELEKTRON!

The power handle was deemed unsafe. Word from the grapevine says they’re trying to work with the significantly safer nuclear energy for the power handle redesign

3 Likes

7 Likes

Real musicians wear hydration backpacks.

3 Likes

They couldn’t handel it!

15 Likes

LIES!

14 Likes

I think I saw a YouTube video showing a workaround to cup hold things, but it was tedious.

3 Likes

Fin25’s Oxford class photo recently obtained on the black market.

2 Likes

I’m not allowed in Oxford

not since that fateful day…

3 Likes

Whao… we haven’t even gotten our non exploding handles yet. Let’s not get ahead of ourselves.

Elektron is trying to keep it old school.

Limitations spur creativity.

DJ Shadow didn’t have a cup holder on his MPC60. He had to balance his drink on his head. Messy for beers, downright painful for coffee. He suffered for his art.

You think Grandmaster Flash had a cup holder on his SL-1200? No. When he needed a drink he linked up about 5 dozen bendy straws stuck in a bottle of Sunny-D upstairs from where he was playing.

Why do you think the Lincoln Navigator was the choice for so many producers? I’ll tell you why: 13 cupholders, that’s why. Enough for a twelve pack of Olde English’s and a Purple Drank.

You want cup holders? What next, full MIDI control with an Analog Rytm?

Pfffft! Then go get yourselves MacBook Pros, you big ol’ wussies!!!

6 Likes

Not always stable though, here is where elektron come in

The original cupholder was designed by someone who no longer works at the company. Absolutely zero chance that any of the other engineers could possibly understand the complex nature of the cupholder even though they have access to the schematics and designs.
Unfortunately we just need to wait for a new type of holder since its basically fantasy that they would release a cupholder even though its pretty much the thing that made them famous in the first place.
Perhaps a pencil holder? Smaller, less featured, but easier to understand.
The cupholder is a classic and just won’t ever be topped.

8 Likes

finally found a use for the jog wheel with this espresso mod, inspirational thread.

13 Likes

9 Likes

At least TE got som decent tape-holders :smiley:

https://teenage.engineering/store/field-desk-tape-holder/

2 Likes

cupholders are abandonware

2 Likes

yeah!

4 Likes

Don’t talk to me until I’ve had my Monomachiato!

3 Likes

I was expecting a second cup holder for my AR MKII and your telling me there won’t even be one! wtf
why did I buy this thing??