Syntakt 1.00 : bug reports

It’s not a bug, you’ve just reached and passed the upper limit of the range with which that oscillator stays in tune (after which it is not meant to go higher)

There are some limits in places to restrict the access up high, however, i have a few concerns about how this is implemented in practice. Nonetheless, it’s not a bug, it’s certainly understood … if it doesn’t already say in the manual that the DVCO has a restricted ‘useful’ range, it certainly should.

interesting!
That makes sense. It just definitely topped out a much lower frequency than I would have expected.

It does feel truncated ‘early’, but I noticed that in chromatic mode the tuning goes south during the last two notes available. Obviously beyond that was deemed bad PR !?

If you want to play high frequencies with DVCO, you can tune the osc higher, in SYN page, and play the regular notes.

I’ve had the same experience. The only thing that has worked is muting/unmuting the FX block sequencer. I’ve tried mapping to filter, resonance, delay send, and reverb send. None worked.

I had a reply from Elektron support that it will be fixed In the next OS Update.

Awesome. Did they mention an eta by any chance?

1 Like

No date though :pensive:

1 Like

I noticed the following when using the ST with OB in Ableton. When I disable all 14 tracks in the Audio Routing setting from sending to the main out, this causes two issues:

1. all of the 4 analog tracks 9-12 are still audible on the main out (i.e., the Ableton MIDI track on which the Syntakt plugin is loaded) IF they are routed to the FX track (if they are not routed to the FX track not, then they are not audible anymore). When I create an additional Audio track in Ableton that listens to the FX track, then again the audio from the track 9-12 is audible on that track as well (if routed to FX on the ST).

2. None of the digital tracks 1-8 is affected by the FX track anymore, even if they are routed to the FX track on the ST. Unlike the 4 analog tracks they are not audible on the main out (which is what I expected), but their audio is also not audible on the additional Ableton Audio track that listens to the FX track.

I guess that is partly due to the fact that the FX track cannot be disabled from sending audio to Main out in the Audio Routing settings, so the issue 1) is probably normal behavior (?), but it doesn’t explain issue 2).

Anyone else able to replicate this?

Cheers

1 Like
  1. seems normal to me, the tracks can’t be separated post Analog FX, so if you were to listen to a few, they’d all be the same

If you want individual tracks post AFX then record main out and only play the track you want although the Drive may sound different with less hitting it

But the tracks 1-8 are not audible/affected at all in the FX track. I don’t mean that the individual track in Ableton isn’t affected by the FX track, that’s clear that after the FX track they woulnd’t be separated again. For example: loaded a Snare on track 2 , routed to the FX track on the ST (disable Audio to main) - setup in Ableton: Midi track with ST device, one audio track listening to Track 2 of the ST, one audio track listening to the FX track of the ST. In this case the audio track in ABleton that listens to the ST FX track is silent. That’s different when using the same setup with one of the analog tracks 9-12, in this case the FX track provides the audio from tracks 9-12 (as affected by the FX track).

I’ve found a bug with the Analog tracks.

Create one long sustained note (16 steps) in Analog Track 11 using Dual VCO. Keep the track playing. Now go to Track 12 and change it to a MIDI track. The note in Track 11 is now not sustained, it just plays for 1 step.

Now switch Track 12 to another machine. Track 11 returns to normal. So you can’t use MIDI machine in an Analog track without it affecting the note length of the other Analog tracks.

Can anyone else confirm?

1 Like

I can’t consistently recreate it, but I fund that sometime the retrig mod buttons do not work when first running the pattern. Sometimes full stop will bring it back, but it’s definitely a buzzkill going for a roll and only registering a single hit.

I’m not sure if this has been mentioned but when pressing func+lfo to get to the mixer page there’s a FX / Delay / Reverb thing there on one of the pages. Pressing function and turning the dedicated knob on the delay or reverb goes from 0 to 100 to 127 which is normal, however that option does not work on FX.

Here’s a video showing the bug. As you can see if I select a MIDI machine on Track 12, then I cannot play a sustained note on Track 11

It’s working fine here … but you should wait to see if anyone else notices this

I tried both scenarios on an empty pattern with nothing else connected

CC inputs for controlling MIDI tracks appear to be scrambled (both on autochannel and using a dedicated track channel) on my machine, vs what’s listed in Syntakt Manual B.8:

70 moves Val8 (77)
71 moves the CC assignment encoder A on the Amp page
72 moves CC assignment encoder B
73 CC assignment encoder C
74 moves Val 4 (73)
75 moves Val 5 (74)
76 moves Val 3 (72)
77 moves Val 6 (75)

Trying on DT with the same midi controller, cc’s 70-77 move VAL1-8 as in the manuals.

3 Likes

That’s strange, it’s fairly consistent here. Maybe I’ll try a new project and see if I have the same issue. It was consistent between patterns in the same project.

Edit: I just checked with a new project and I get the same behaviour.

I’ve had some similar weirdness with the analog tracks (posted somewhere up the thread), not exactly the same but similar enough to make me think it could be related

1 Like

I have discovered it only affects the default sound of Track 11 (new project), and it seems to be because it is set to an ADSR envelope with a 32 release. If you load a new SY Dual VCO into any other analog track then the envelope is set to AHD at default, and you won’t see this issue.

Can you try loading a new project, go to Track 11, make sure it is set to ADSR with a release of 32 (mine is at default for Track 11 and a new project/pattern). Now play a note and it will sustain.

Then when you change Track 9, 10 or 12 to a MIDI machine you will find Track 11 no longer sustains.