Teenage Engineering - Field Desk

I was thinking about ordering two as Well. But i got cold feet. I only ordered one and then I’ll let it feel in the room and see if I should order a second one…

2 Likes

The devil’s in the details

I’d order two just to have one to put the other one upon. Good thing it weighs less than 75kg.

1 Like

This has nothing to do with the desk but might act as a much needed palate cleanser.

1 Like

What do y’all think: one or two for the DIY punk show merch table? Keep in mind therell be TE beer to purchase. All proceeds to the local anarchist chapter.

What’s up with adding “Field” to this product? I thought the Field range was meant to be small and portable so you can play in a field if you want to. But this is a stretch

1 Like

I wonder how The Field feels about all this consumer fielding.

2 Likes

No, it’s a table.

15 Likes

I don’t know how much stupid to buy a 1600 design table is

To buy a 2000 op1 field a lot for sure

Hey man, that table was custom engineered of only the finest recycled materials by people who care about design more than about being cheap. It‘s design, innovation, design —only people who‘ve never owned a table from TE can say it is too expensive, people like me who sold all their other tables to replace with TE tables know how powerful their tables are and that they are certainly worth 2000€, I mean 1599€. I can‘t wait for them to bring out a chair also.

5 Likes

You should ask them to give you one to beta test, you know… put your cup on it, take it off…eat a meal on it, clean it up…put an OP1F on it, let it lay there for a bit. :wink:

4 Likes

I’ve got this table for couch sessions, it’s bloody brilliant, 26.99 off of eBay, great for the kids to to do crafts on…

Dang, Thats a great idea :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

But can it extend?….

7 Likes

At that point, you can’t afford NOT to buy it :wink:

5 Likes

Teenage Engineering are easy to make fun of. But at least most of their overly-designed, overly-expensive products serve a unique, albeit highly specific need in the marketplace.
So here’s my problem with this: It’s dumb. It offers nothing new or innovative at all as a product. And any notions of modularity with future recycled-aluminum cupholder accessories or whatever are no excuse for having M5 holes everywhere… Ikea could offer you a much more elegant and expandable system at 1/10 the price.

3 Likes

Fortunately, you can get something a bit more premium.

2 Likes

I’ll wait for the TE-designed trouser press.

2 Likes

“Now your entire office can look like an recycled aluminum erector set with really nice hinges!”

5 Likes

’Nauts: “I’m going to spend $3,000 on an outboard compressor to add color and movement that 99% of the population can’t hear.”

Also ’Nauts: “You’re crazy for spending $1,500 on furniture with design details 99% of the population can’t see.”

20 Likes