Toraiz as-1

Having a lot of fun with the device :slight_smile:
Though I just came across a strange behaviour of one of my synths (Toraiz AS-1):
Once the sequence is playing, the attack parameter on the AS-1 does not seem to be taken into consideration.
If I stop the sequence and play the AS-1 from Keystep or Digitakt, attack parameter works…
Any idea?

Is as-1 set to “last key re-trig”?

Thanks @JamesM
Though what would it differ as the behaviour is normal with keystep and/or Digitakt?
Will look at it :slight_smile:
Thanks

Who knows. Maybe you discovered another AS-1 bug :joy:

Could it be AS-1 key velocity value settings for the steps after the first being lower?

1 Like

Will look at this also.
This one I had not thought about :slight_smile:
Thanks again for helping out :slight_smile:

ok ppl - how’d i do?
I made a deal today for the AS-1, NIB for $285.45 :kissing_smiling_eyes:
now I have to wait for it.

I couldn’t sleep last night - read this thread from the top.
I understand there’s those sequencer quirks, but I’ll drive this with my DT or 1010music blackbox, or eventually a Pyramid.

9 Likes

WELL. DONE.

:slight_smile:

I hope you’ll enjoy your AS-1, it’s such a great sounding synth - and at that price you practically stole the thing :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

ya, I’m psyched. gonna need a bigger table soon, tho…

That’s a real good price!
It’s a number I would tell my wife if she asks whats the price of this or that :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

It was it :slight_smile:
Thanks a lot @JamesM

1 Like

Works flawlessly like this.
Issue is the sequencer from AS-1 looses clock if you change program while running it but driven from the DT, it is a joy.

2 Likes

I got it, “It’s REAL!”

2 Likes

Not always. If you lock the sequence you can change the pattern and as long as you’re not flying through patterns it will stay in sync. I posted this info some time ago.

Looks like the perfect addition to your setup!

2 Likes

It’s fitting in nicely, yes!
If I only had a dollar for every time I rearranged the whole desk last week alone, I’d have, like, a lot of dollars…

2 Likes

Have tried it this way as well but it is a no-go for me.
Changing preset even carefully does not help either.

Wow that’s odd? Mine will skip if I speed through the presets but other than that it works okay? I was using midi din rather than USB…wonder if that has a bearing on things?

1 Like

Using MIDI din also.
Locking the sequence does not change it for the better either.
Just a simple preset change and it looses sync.

I would not rely on it for live situations

1 Like

I love my AS-1 but it’s such a shame this issue isn’t addressed. I feel it prevents this synth from such larger success and love. After thinking this for months I’ve just contacted DSI (Sequential) and Pioneer to tell them people are still waiting, that it prevents the AS-1 from being a success, and that it really rubs off on both their brands. Good chance someone will just bin my message, but who knows. And not contacting them will definitely not improve anything.

1 Like

Well all gear has its limitations… And bugs :slight_smile:
The sound that comes out of the AS-1 just makes these nearly irrelevant. For me anyway.
Furthermore, if you sequence the AS-1 from an external sequencer, program changes do work fine :slight_smile:

2 Likes