What's next for Elektron?

I wonder if we’ll see an AKmkii?

2 Likes

A new Clip based type Octatrack more like akai force but done the elektron way and sequencer would be cool

1 Like

I’ll ask every 6 months but please Elektron, MnM Sid engine in a Model form factor machine, for the love of God DO IT.

4 Likes

Would be cool if Elektron made some sort of pedalboard friendly sampler/sequencer/looper for guitarists.

3 Likes

Sure, but I don’t think they’d focus on guitar world, Analog Drive wasn’t a success.

6 Likes

That could be. I’ve never really heard anything about how good (or bad), sales were for their dirt box.

I’m all for that.

I think now that all the Elektrons with sequencers can sequence other gear externally with MIDI, I’d like to see some dedicated sequencer-less synth modules. A new, knobby SIDstation with some interesting tricks would be a great way to kick those off.

6 Likes

It seems like a digi form factor VA synth (newer MnM engine) would be the most likely next thing…

8 Likes

I really hope we get a new analog keys as well, but with at least 8 voices and loaded with hands on controls (knobs, faders, etc). Basically a proper full hands on analog synth. I’m all for new Digi boxes, but I feel its also time for at least one new flagship.

5 Likes

I hope for an digitakt mkII with stereo-sample support and sample-storage/-streaming from micro-sd-card. maybe without the sampling-option I never use and a second output instead. thats all I want <3

1 Like

Love mine! AH that is lol

1 Like

As i see it. There is a huge gap in the digital drum market. Volca Drum is basically the only digital drum synth out there.

My wager is on a digital drum synth evolved from MD in the Model:samples format. Model:Drum.

I would honestly buy it in a heart beat.

4 Likes

id love em to do a digi-drum in all 3 formats.
flagship.
digi.
model.

one for everyone in the audience.
:cowboy_hat_face:

4 Likes

Have you noticed LXR Drum?

2 Likes

A machinedrum successor or wavetable synth would be an instant purchase for me. Someone else mentioned the idea of synth modules without the elektron sequencer, since the sequencer is already so well represented by all their products… great idea!

3 Likes

Haha yes from now on the have to do releases in 3 formats at one’s, sorry Elektron its your one fold :grin:

2 Likes

that’d actually be really cool. pick yer format. boom :+1:t3::grin:

That right you are able to control external gear with a lot of there products but parameter locking is a bit limiting then, but a DigiTone for instance supports also some midi cc you have per track.

Why not add the sequencer always it should not be a big part of the instrument price because they can just include the sequencer code at almost no development cost.

Is Octatrack MKII format, isn’t it? :content:

3 Likes

yep otmk2 format.
not AR/A4mk2 Format :smile:

4 Likes