What's next for Elektron?

You’re not wrong at all. But every time you implement the elektron sequencer, you have no choice but to dedicate hardware space to it. Knobs, a screen, etc. the whole UI has no choice but to be built around the sequencer. And like I said, they have how many now? DT, DN, A4, AR, OT? Not counting MM and MD. Oh and MS. Making modules designed to be sequenced by the said gear is a pretty cool idea to me. Right now you can get a DN and A4 let’s say. But maybe that’s overkill for a lot of people. So you get a DN and an analog module by elektron specifically designed for elektron sequencer integration. This wasn’t my idea, someone else said it, I just thought it was a good one.

1 Like

Isn’t the sequencer so embedded in the name that leaving it out is like Elektron releasing a non Elektron box?

2 Likes

I guess so? Elektron also released 2 FX boxes… I certainly won’t have an issue with something without a sequencer. Don’t worry, it probably won’t happen, this will clearly offend too many elektron extremists lol

2 Likes

I’m an islander, so I don’t :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Man this would be a massive downgrade for the Digitakt, the onboard sampling is the most essential feature. I have sends from my mixer going straight into the Digitakt so I can grab any sound I make. Crucial feature of this box. Stereo samples are useless for a machine like this, effects are stereo and the DT can do whatever panning, ping ponging, etc that you want. All the tracks I make on DT have BIG stereo presence. A second set of outputs would be really nice though, agree with you there.

3 Likes

Oh yes, in that case I would even stop daydreaming about a secondary lo/hi-cut or a bandpass.

Not much voices for the size as usual…

24 Likes

It seems fairly obvious, does it not, that there will be a couple of Model:Somethings in Elektron’s future? I’m thinking like a couple other folks here that a digital drum synth would be a nice addition to the lineup. Model:Percussion or even further, a Model:Waves wavetable device.

I’m not going to read through the 1200 extra posts here since I last looked at the thread, so sorry if this has been said 20 times previously:

I’d love to see Elektron in the DJ space. Octatrack is already most of the way there. Things like NI’s S8 almost seem like an Octatrack with better effects and all the knobs you need. It’s the size of a dinner table though.

A DigiJ could be a modular song & loop player with its own sequencer. DT with time stretch and external storage would almost do it. 4 DigiJ’s would still be 1/3 the size of an S8 and not need a laptop.

Do it Elektron!

1 Like

machinedrum in digitakt format

8 Likes

I see a new cubic format, with 6 Digis in 1 ! :loopy:

THE DIGICUBE

42 Likes

haha, just roll the eletron-dice for instant parameter randomization :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Hope they’d do it in Rubik’s Cube style, allowing the user to mix and match different features of the digis together!

11 Likes

That will be awesome!
And monomachine digi format too!

4 Likes

The machine on the bottom face will always have the CTRL + ALL feature active.

3 Likes

would be a new old dreamteam in a compact size!

1 Like

Yeah! Digitone + Digitakt + Digimono + Digidrum = Digidream :smiley:

2 Likes

Elektron Borg Cube. You will be assimilated.

3 Likes

An Overbridge Device with FX(s) per Track. No Send FX.

2 Likes

I want a digidrum so bad!! fingers crossed!

2 Likes