2 Likes

I love them monkeys - OP1.

1 Like

Funnest …

For the joy : MS-20 mini & SQ-1
For the head : Nord Modular G1
For the ears : Analog Rytm 1.30
For the heart : The ORIGINAL Roland 303

As a single item, the MS20mini (esp with its seq buddy) has it all, immediacy, depth, screenless, wysiwyg and a sweet-spot at every turn … guaranteed grins and a killer voice :heavy_check_mark:

6 Likes

RYTM. It’s not my favorite, but it’s fun AF, thats for sure

KORG SAMPLE is quite as well btw

1 Like

My Eurorack : especially Intellijel Metropolis with Atlantis. So hands on ! Sequencer and Synth ! Plus Noise Engineering Loquelic Iteritas into input of Atlantis.

Without doubt my EMS Synthi AKS never the same sound twice great for jamming heres an example Chickens with attitude me and Bag did this years ago

Side question - how are you using it at the couch? Do you have a small mixer there as well? I really like the device but the lack of a headphones-out option makes me less likely to use as my “Netflix and Synth” box of the evening (and me just not wanting to set up too much stuff near the couch as overhead).

I did have a lot of fun with it earlier this year on the couch running through the Machinedrum. I may need to do that again.

Back to topic: it’s still the Microgranny + Trinity Drum. Had some fun running those through a pair of reverb tracks on the Monomachine on the floor of a house in rural Oregon while visiting some friends recently. :elmd: is coming in a close second to that pair though.

I made an adaptor, I’m fairly sure I saw a comment somewhere saying it was an okay thing to do … but, you know, the internet ! … it may have been on DSI or even from Dave … will try to find out

Edit: This is a quote from one of our Fellow Elektronauts who writes for SOS …
“Sadly there’s no headphone socket, but the Evolver’s outputs are intended to drive most headphones — providing you rig up a suitable adaptor lead.”

I use either a Novation X-Station or a cheap Griffin StudioConnect iPad dock with some cable adapters connected to some old computer speakers/sub. Nothing fancy, but it lets me sit comfortably and half watch something while I program…I like to do this with different pieces as I find it helps me learn them better when I’m not surrounded by all my other gear.

1 Like

Example of adapter you should get depending on your headphone plug. Make sure is stereo though.
http://www.kenable.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=8110

lately is has been the korg volca sample along with roland jp08, battery powered toys i take up into the mountains with one of those battery powered roland bass amps, its a fun combo, super quick to get results with and pretty straightforward

I had for years big Octopus Midi Sequenzer and loved it.
Today my OT, A4 and MD plus cathedral effect paddle…

1 Like

Same here jomox t-res for the win with any Elektron boxe :wink:

1 Like

AR still my favorite and most fun for me along side the roland jp 8000. tried all the aira models, which are also a lot of fun but I didnt like the sound.

would u know any hard or software comparable to the quasimidi? prices are insane…

Martin acoustic guitar - nothing more immediate for instant music for me but I’m a guitarist primarily and an experimental synth/sampler-ist secondarily. For electronics it is a hard pick between a member of the dark trilogy or using push2 - depends on the mood. If I had the money for the new Moog Model D re-release I think that would be my go to gear for a long time.

1 Like

Only the Spectralis, but 100x more powerful. Different directions, different time signatures per sequence line…and I have yet to ever hear anything that sounded better than what comes out of Spectralis as far as audio quality. High end converters in there.

1 Like

For some months now it’s Linnstrument. Recently paired with Nord Modular G2 Engine to get me lost in endless expressive sound design sessions and music theory studies while trying to master LS.

Vermona Perfourmer, always so lush and fun!