Your top ten video games of all time

Playing that one right now and it’s fantastic. From Software is great, their attention to detail and entertaining game mechanics are really something.

2 Likes

Their ability to make me scream with frustration is second to none at times too :joy:

Another thing I love about their games is the community. The online resources to help and explain things is incredible.

1 Like

My only experience is DS1 (I believe), grandiose atmosphere, desire to explore,
feeling of danger.
I cross a bridge, I kill a knight, I pass over it, the next quarter of an hour this corpse remains under my sole, I turn off the game, restart it, a third enemy sticks under my sole, I turn off definitively.
I would have to try again but I didn’t think the detail was their first concern because fighting in a demanding game with corpses under your feet doesn’t seem necessary to me.

1 Like

Lol! you should check out Bloodborne or Dark Souls 3, there’s plenty of attention to detail there (eg the items and their descriptions, the way the story unfolds and is unfolded by learning about bits and pieces one picks up) and they should be less buggy I guess. But yeah especially the DS series has a mood that isn’t for everyone.

1 Like

I was very frustrated because indeed the atmosphere seemed just perfect for the subject.

1 Like

I started with DS3 (still haven’t played the others actually) but I enjoyed it a lot. It seemed to have a good blend of polish, difficulty, and atmosphere. It was definitely challenging, (sometimes bordering on ridiculous) but it kept me playing. I still want to give the others a whirl at some point, but I’ve been too into my indies to try yet.

1 Like

Beyond Good and Evil
Final Fantasy VII
Chrono Trigger
Chrono Cross
Phoenix Wright Trilogy
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky FC and SC
Outer Wilds
The Talos Principle
F.E.A.R.
Titanfall 2
(And I’m cheating) … Metal Gear Solid 3

5 Likes

Ah F.E.A.R.!!! I love that game! So advanced for the time too!

2 Likes

Particle action😄

1 Like

Yeah, I played it for the first time 4 years ago and was super impressed!

1 Like

It’s the only game that has ever ALMOST knocked me out of my chair. I was playing it alone, in the dark, with headphones. I was climbing a ladder and Alma showed up in a vent or something half-way up. I almost fell out of my chair. :smiley: Normally I don’t startle so easy, but who expects to be attacked on a ladder?!?!!!

1 Like

Myth - c64.
Friday 13th - c64.
sensible world of soccer - amiga.
Mario 3.
Link to the past.
Breath of the wild.
Assassins creed 2 & brotherhood.
Uncharted 2.
fez.

2 Likes

Pokemon blue

Loving the threads that are basically cryptic age-reveals. I remember the fall of the wall and the irreverent audacity of Toejam and Earl.

3 Likes

Isn‘t a Forum of toying around with Elektron Boxes and Boxes that Cost thousands of Dollars an age reveal in and of itself :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: as young folks usually can‘t afford the masses of expensive gear. I could not at least.

1 Like

Unreal Tournament GTY Edition
Mass Effect 1-3
Mass Effect Andromeda
Ghost Recon Wildlands
Homeland
Sniper Ghost Warrior (Series)
Deus Ex
Hitman
…and some others i don’t remember exactly, i removed every game from the drive

‘Lode Runner’ lends a certain precision to it that I appreciate : )

1 Like

Command and Conquer 1
Baldur’s gate 1 and 2
warcraft 2
Dawn of War
Caesar 3
Final Fantasy VII
Red Dead Redemption 2
The Withcher 3
Pillars of Eternity 1 and 2
World of Warcraft

4 Likes