Your top ten video games of all time

Do it! Very polished games, the single player campaigns are cool; I remember also having lots of fun with my brother figuring out the coop.
Playing it all through once doesn‘t take up a lot of time, you can get quite lost in the speedrunning rabbithole though :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Essentially put them in time order, started with an N64, then got a PC that could run 5/10 year old games so did some catching up, then had a Wii for a bit, then got a PS4 a few years back.

• Goldeneye 64
  • Zelda: Ocarina of Time
  • Diddy Kong Racing
  • Deus Ex
  • Half Life
  • Super Mario Galaxy
  • Elite: Dangerous
  • The Last of Us
  • Horizon: Zero Dawn
  • Driveclub
3 Likes

Oh man, this was a massive oversight from my list. Either We <3 Katamari or Beautiful Katamari are my favourites. The soundtracks are mini masterpieces - the song Houston brings back massive nostalgia for me among many other tracks.

Another gigantic oversight on my list. I spent countless hours on this one on my own back when I was a kid, then in my 20s I found a bunch of mates who also loved it and we spent countless hours together on the GameCube version of PSO Ver. 2 in local co-op. Something incredibly addictive and beautiful about this game. The feeling of exploring an ever-changing and boundless world, upgrading and improving your character and gear, while returning to the Pioneer 2 to rest and store/retrieve items from the bank, buy new gear and get items appraised by the Tekker, was mesmerising.

A timeless masterpiece.

Aaaand another masterpiece. Seriously, choosing a Top 10 is hard. This Max Payne is a phenomenal experience which transcends the medium of videogames. The way the story unfolds is one of the best of modern literature in my opinion, with so much dark and surreal humour. Superior to its sequels in every respect.

9 Likes

In no order:

Super Mario 3
StarCraft 2
Master of Magic
FTL
Advance Wars 2
Into the Breach
Hearthstone
Patapon
Warcraft 2
F-Zero

3 Likes

Yeah I still have my copies Shenmue 1/2 on Dreamcast, I’m not planning on selling them any time soon…

1 Like

Also no particular order:

• Metal Gear Solid (all series)
  • Limbo
  • Silent Hill (all series)
  • Half Life (all series)
  • Braid
  • Shadow of the Colossus
  • ShenMue (all series)
  • Bioshock (all series)
  • Dead Space (all series)
  • Amnesia - The Dark Descent (all series)
4 Likes

I guess Skateboard and Surfing. But BMX was cool as well

1 Like
  • Monkey Island 1 + 2
  • Chrono Trigger
  • The Binding of Isaac Repentance
  • The Elder Scrolls Skyrim
  • Dark Souls 3
  • Terraria
  • The Witcher 3
  • WoW
  • Baldur’s Gate
  • Fire Emblem 4 : Genealogy of the Holy War
3 Likes
  1. Ultima Underworld 2
  2. System Shock 1
  3. Fantasy General
  4. Zelda Breath of the Wild
  5. Mass Effect
  6. Bio Shock
  7. Half Life 2
  8. Final Fantasy 6
  9. F.E.A.R
  10. Thimbleweed Park
  11. Monkey Island
  12. Boken Sword
  13. Amnesia
4 Likes

Super Mario Land (Game Boy)
Tetris (Game Boy)
Myth (Windows 95)
Monkey Island (Windows 95)
Donkey Kong Country (SNES)
Tony Hawk & SSX (PS & PS2)
Castlevania
Doom (PC)
Quake 3 Arena (PC)
Flappy Bird (iOS)

Have to edit my list because I have forgotten the time I lost playin’ Tony Hawk and later SSX together with ma crew :smiley:

3 Likes

Quake 3 Arena and Unreal Tournament I. forgot as well. Spend hours with them as they came out. Those Arena shooters were kind of the new shit at the time.

Do I have to play mass effect 1 before playing 2. heard the 2nd one is the best one.

1 Like

Here is my list in no particular order :

-Baldurs Gate 2
-Planetspace Torment
-Deux Ex 1
-Thief 1-2
-Fallout 1-2
-Jagged alliance 2
-Arx Fatalis
-Monkey Island on amiga
-System Shock 2
-Wizardry 8

But if i had to choose only one , Planetscape Torment . This game is a master piece.

7 Likes

I don’t remember but we did play intensively and did organize big tournaments with lot of people.

2 Likes

BMX and footbag.

1 Like

In no particular order:

Sonic The Hedgehog
Warioware Inc.
Joust
River City Ransom
Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater
Red Dead 2
GTA 5
Halo 2
Super Mario 3
The Last of Us

Honorable Mentions: Bubble Bobble, Spiderman, Twisted Metal, Tetris

6 Likes

You’re describing that experience quite well. Also, there was something strangely zen in the timing of that same attack chain over and over again. It was also the very first game I played online, it felt magical.

If I remember correctly, it’s not mandatory. But I love the first one as much as the second one, personally. It’s not as good gameplay wise, but the branching choices were maybe a bit richer. I think there might also exist a way to redo the choices of the first opus and bring them directly in the second? Someone else will surely be a better help…

How can I forget Tetris. This should be on my list.

2 Likes

Oh yes, the basic photon saber combo is forever etched in my memory. Something so exciting about starting a new character from a different class to what you were used to, like going from Hunter to Ranger, and kinda RP’ing a specific build.

1 Like

My lost is based on games I vividly remember spending 100s of hours on and/or exclaimed out loud to myself “this is the greatest game ever made”.

Castles (90s castle building game)
NHL 92, 93, 94
DOOM/Duke Nukem 3D
Super Mario
International Superstar Soccer/FIFA14
007 Goldeneye
Civilization
Rome Total War
GTA V/Red Dead Redemption
Call of Duty Modern Warfare
Metal Gear Solid Series
Last of Us 1/2
Now that I ponder, it’s impossible to have just 10.
Couple others I remember…
Aces Over Pacific/Atlantic
Fields of Glory
Ocarina of Time
Warcraft 1 and 2
Command and Conquer
Mechwarrior on the PC
Street Fighter 2
Mortal Kombat-I still vividly remember seeing it for the first time at the arcade. My Gi Joe’s ceased fighting epic territorial wars, and instead all became contestants in a dramatic, gory, and over the top martial arts contest. The loose jointed figures always got it the worst since they had rag doll like physics.

3 Likes

Age of empires
Dungeon keeper

I’ve never been a “gamer”…