Zoom Ms-70 CDR

having not played around with the CDR in a while but hooked it up this evening to the 1010 BB as an FX send, it really is a nifty little box. And not actually that bad to navigate as a table top device

2 Likes

yes, because MS70 only has USB, or at least i never seen any mentions of any hidden/unused ports.

made some progress.
effect parameters mostly have 7-bit values, but some are 14-bit.
decided to handle both kinds of values with a single object, and finally got a working prototype.
axo-7-14

4 Likes

will support also MS-60B & MS-50G.
axo-zoom_ms

4 Likes

Dang, if I knew they 70 cdr had a solid sysex implementation I may have kept it! Incase anyone is curious, here is a doc with more info:

1 Like

yes, i’m using this guide, and also another one.

2 Likes

released the 1st object.
actually, this is already sufficient to make Axoloti patches for controlling Zoom MS effect parameters.

4 Likes

Excellent - I’ll try this out tonight and report back how it works!

2 Likes

I don’t have a Axoloti but I wonder if it’s possible to modulate that with pure data? would be great. just got a raspberry pi, and looking to using it as a midihub first then build on from there. would be cool if it can interface with puredata…

i’m not familiar with pd, but if it sends SysEx messages, the answer is yes.

In a similar vein to @x0x I’m wondering about using this to turn a stereo pair (Nord Drum 2) into a mono for 1 input of Digitone (with a bit of Chorus too)

Interestingly, someone has just released a Norns script to control the MS-70CDR from its interface:

3 Likes

wow cool!

I wonder how many MS 70 can i connect with either the Norns or the Axoloti?

only one with Axoloti, because it has 1 usb host port, and still does not support usb hubs

thanks, good to know abt the Axoloti

Has anybody had any luck injecting the other FX algorithms using a Mac?

I haven’t tried it yet, are you having issues?

1 Like

Not tried it yet but I’m not a computer whiz… I frowned when it started mentioning boot camp or something…

If you absolutely need to own an set and forget FX pedal for your hardware setup and don’t want to or cannot spend a lot of money the MS-70 is the only pedal to own. /Discussion

install VirtualBox
install Windoze inside VirtualBox
use USB passthrough

PROFIT !

1 Like